• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pig Pickin' T-Shirt Designs

Varmint

Please post your design ideas for the pig pickin' here.

You guys can propose and post designs and let the folks determine which one they like. If we get enough design feedback, I'll create a separate thread for discussions about the t-shirts. All egos must be checked at the log-in screen. Once a design has been decided, you'll need to decide who is to print them. No offense, but I'd prefer that the t-shirts be printed and sold in a manner that doesn't result in a profit for one or two people. I certainly understand that it may cost people lots of money to get here, and for that I'm very appreciative and pleasantly surprised. However, the pig pickin' should not be about profiteering, even in the slightest sense.

Finally, any design that incorporates the name "eGullet" or the "Gully" logo would need to be reviewed and approved by Dave the Cook (Dave Scantland), who is the chief design guru for the site.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Art-designed by me, PhotoShopped to perfection by my roommate, PirateKing:

logo.jpg

logo-b.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

Ta-DOW!

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

I can't draw, but I was thinking something with Gully, but a pig in his belly instead of the computer mouse, would be kind of interesting.

hmmm... with the pig tail going up his gullet?

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I can't draw, but I was thinking something with Gully, but a pig in his belly instead of the computer mouse, would be kind of interesting.

hmmm... with the pig tail going up his gullet?

If nobody else wants to tackle this one, i think we could come up with that, too.

and =Mark....pig envy? :raz:

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

Just figured the pig and the Gully guy ought to be on an equal footing.

Been a pig fan all my life, look at the bottom of my website...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

I really REALLY like "Pigstock." :biggrin: It's very funny, and exceedingly clever and has a ring to it... A word for the ages.

Can't we work that in somewhere???

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Jaymes, I love you too. But Rachel's got a point. And anyhow I think since Varmint started this, it ought to reflect that. Even though I probably won't make it, I'm for, "Varmint's Pig Pickin." And if the profits of tee shirt sales go to benefit the cost of the whole thing, I'll buy one. (Medium.)

Then I can say, " I missed it, but it sure was great." :biggrin:

How about Varmint's Porkapalooza?

Well - Pigstock was Varmint's idea. :biggrin: But, Rachel, you could be right - maybe we SHOULD go with "Pig-gate." :laugh:

Actually, as far as the "Varmint" thing goes - whatever we pick can (and should) have Varmint as part of the name.

I really like Porkapalooza too. But I do think that we shouldn't let this opportunity pass to do something kinda funny. The way that most of these designs work out, you can have something in the middle of a circle, and then more info along the border.

Oh, and thanks guys for the love. I feel it. I really do. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

And this is why we need to run the final design by Dave the Cook!  Plus, I really don't want to answer questions from my children about why the pig has such a funny expression on its face.

You and me both! :blink:

Although, it is kinda funny.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Uh, I thought you said this event was in North Carolina, not WEST VERGINY...

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

the pig has such a funny expression on its face.

I recall that exact same facial expression from my first marriage.

I really REALLY like "Pigstock." :biggrin: It's very funny, and exceedingly clever and has a ring to it...  A word for the ages.

Can't we work that in somewhere???

My friends throw a Pigstock every year.

I love Jaymes too. And I think she should be posting more.

Edited by Stone (log)

Just a couple changes:

You forgot the apple in the pig's mouth. I remember that I always had one. :laugh::laugh:

So, how's about Pig Porkin' -

Or Pig Pokin' -

Sounds like a fraternity event, doesn't it? One of those hateful contests where you have to bring the ugliest girl?

:raz:

Sounds like the makin's of a Pigstockgate to me...  :rolleyes:

Oooooh Mark. That's my very favorite - :biggrin: