• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cavalli

thezim

just heard about a new restaurant on peel street owned by the same people as meditaranneo (or however you spell it) called cavalli. It's apparently nouveau italian. Anybody out there know anything about it? I'm going to check it out tomorrow night.

Yes, in the old Mondo Saks building. I hear it isn't open yet. Did they pull it together for Grand Prix?

The design was done by Miguel Cancio (who also did Man Ray, Barfly, and Buddha Bar) as well as the new -- very red -- Med Grill decor.

And BTW, welcome to eGullet thezim :smile:

Well folks, ,,, i had a chance to sample the menu at cavalli the week after the Grand Prix.

On a high note the decor is very nice even if they haven't finished the little details.

The menu looked good, however it is apparent that they need time to iron out the kinks out of the kitchen,

the products are there, the plates are there and presentation is there, it's the execution that isn't .and the service well i better hold back after all they were only two week old, but at that price point you do expect something better. I remember two week after the opening of rosalies they were running much smoother and for the same price, maybe even less

Joey, never trust a waiter when it comes to judging chefs. For all we know that guy might have only tasted cannolis and lobster tails. :hmmm: Waiters...grrrrrr.

Hi Spectator. Welcome to eGullet. :smile:

I think Cavalli really pushed to get in on the Grand Prix action. I'm not going near the place until late summer. But I trust the boys in charge will be fine tuning until then. I heard from one of the chefs that they were having a tough time finding waiters.

• 1 month later...

I've been to visit the Chefs and take a tour ,I looked at the

Menu and I think there goinig to do just fine,

Frank & Steve are great chefs, I take my hat off to them.

I should be going there next week, I'll keep you up to date.

Con il melone si mangia , beve e si lava la facia

My Nonno Vincenzo 1921-1994

I'm craving the perfct Gateau Foret Noire .

Apparently not everyone here understands the concept of sarcasm, or has a sense of humour.

Lesley, I still don't think you gave me a fair chance at judging my desserts at Med. I remember you ordered a grand finale for 2, which is only a sampler plate and didn't represent my desserts properly. But I have moved on to better things so your comment didn't hurt that much, I think I will just go to my room and cry myself to sleep. :sad:

If you ever go to Cavalli, let me know what you think of the desserts there.

Overlordofpasty is poking fun at some comments further up the thread by riboflavinjoe. Relax everyone.

How are the average checks at Cavalli? I had a friend from London go and he found it out of this world pricey. This coming from someone who is used to London prices. Can anyone advise?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,i am new at this and i love the site,i have been to CAVALLI many times great food,wounderful desserts and i think PASQUALE,GIANNI and FRANK are amazing team,it is very refreshing to see awasome resto like ROSALIE &CAVALLI in the downtown area,i also think that the presence of DAVID MC MIL downtown has giving the city a new buzz that was needed----------keep it up...............

ps i would like to say hi to LESLEY CH..............matteo....ex buona notte,globe,matteo st laurant,matteo monkland,matteo alexandria egypt...

THUMBS UP AGAIN ON A TERRIFC DINNER SAT NIGHT---MY 40 th---BD GETAIN TOOK A VERY GOOD CARE OF US FROM FISH CARPACCIO,FUNGHI SALTATA,CARPACCIO DI MANZO,RACK OOF LAMB,THE CAVATTELLI,TUNA AND THE DESSERTS,EVERY ONE THIS IS A VERY EXCITING SPOT....matteo

Edited by mastermatt78 (log)