• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TDG: Table Dancing: The Great Emancipator

Fat Guy

KIDS! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, OR ANYWHERE ELSE

"Psilocyban Mushroom Comfit"

Mice' In Place:

1 Beautiful Spring School Day

6 Grams Psilocyban Mushrooms *

2 College Buddies

1 Oldsmobile 442

2 Road Maps (divided)

Remove School from Spring Day and discard

Add Psilocyban Mushrooms in equal amount to Self and College Buddies

Combine Buddies and Spring Day and stir vigorously

As Spring Day is consumed place Buddies in Olds 442 with 1 MN Road Map

Remove Olds 442/Buddies/MN Map to North Dakota on route to Mt Mushmore

When mixture reaches Fargo ND combine MN Map with 1 ND/SD Road Map

Digest information in ND/SD Road Map re: miles between Fargo-Mt Mushmore

Abort Mission

Return Buddies to point of origin

Remember Fondly

* http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

SB (what can I say?)

Much more sensible than doing it at about 4 in the afternoon.  Two of my friends busted up over the crates of 'pompelmousse' and I was accused of being a total killjoy for explaining it was just a translation of grapefruit, not some very exotic new item.

I have a vague fuzzy memeory of going to the store while on some hallucinagen or another and having a really hard time distinguishing regular paper from paper money it took a really long time ( or 25 sec. who could tell) to buy a pack of cigartettes, several brightly colored pieces of candy and I believe a can of mackeral (as an offering to the giant can of tuna previously pilfered from a dining hall and a can of welfare pork we found in the basement of our house)

"sometimes I comb my hair with a fork" Eloise

Order of events:

Smoke Pot ...

get thirsty

drink alcohol...

get munchies....

eat Domino's (Food deliverd straight from Heaven)

get thirsty...

drink more alcohol...

curl up on floor and rest... (a.k.a. Pass out)

wake up drunk beyond belief and vomit... hence the lack of the 'munchie middle'

When not high, Domino's is just pizza....

I'd like to address another issue.....

A great, elaborately prepared dinner of leg of lamb, haricots verts and new potatoes is easy to appreciate. One is aware of the time and energy (and hopefully, the love) that went into the preparation.

Why is it, that a nice meal can be described in english as (lamb, green beans and potatoes) and it just sounds like Sunday dinner... but substitute in "Haricots verts" for green beans and it turns into something exclusive and labor intensive.... does this work the same if you say Petit Pois instead of peas?......

What am I missing?! are my 'skinny' green beans just boring until I start talking to them in french?...

:hmmm:

Cheesy popcorn. Chewy red licorice! Pickles. Chocolate cheesecake! Tomato juice. Seared scallops with sweet, sweet butter. Lather, rinse, repeat. :wacko:

...redacted...

Edited by jeniac42 (log)

Jennie

Given the thread title, I thought the article was going to be about lap dancing.   :angry:

I thought it was going to be about what the customers do when they've had too many and got rowdy.

By the time you read this, the L.A. City Council will in all likelihood have banned lapdancing.

http://www.calendarlive.com/nightlife/cl-e...on18jun18.story

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

By the time you read this, the L.A. City Council will in all likelihood have banned lapdancing. 

http://www.calendarlive.com/nightlife/cl-e...on18jun18.story

Looks like you'll be spending even more time on eGullet, hollywood.

(Is it a :sad: or a :biggrin: or a :raz: ?)

Have I missed something? Again? There's lap dancing on eGullet? Is tommy behind this? All of the above.

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

Have I missed something? Again?  There's lap dancing on eGullet?  Is tommy behind this?  All of the above.

*opens the curtain*

Hahahahahahaha.

Hollywood, do you ever feel like more is going on at eGullet then you can see?

You think there aren't free-wheeling purplish threads already?

Yesterday's "Modest Proposal" was a farce in more ways than one (or two).

*closes the curtain*

Edited by MatthewB (log)

"Why is it, that a nice meal can be described in english as (lamb, green beans and potatoes) and it just sounds like Sunday dinner... but substitute in "Haricots verts" for green beans and it turns into something exclusive and labor intensive.... does this work the same if you say Petit Pois instead of peas?...... "

for the simple reason that everything sounds cooler in la francais. how about "freedom beans?" :unsure:

Timothy C. Davis

Charlotte, NC

timothycdavis@earthlink.net

www.themoodyfoodie.com

www.cln.com

www.southernfoodways.com