• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Julie/Julia Project

stefanyb

I presume you're referring to her looks, but where's the picture?

I wasn't refering to the pic. I was refering to the text when I said she could get it on. It takes a special woman to be able to use "asshole" and "motherfucker" in the same paragraph.

Sorry, I am simply not as computer literate as I would like to be...I can't seem to get back to her first entry...all searches as attempts deliver me to her most recent entrys, and working backwards by month, I can't find her original entry. PM's complaining of my ineptness not accepted, pms with suggestions, as always, greatly appreciated.

It takes a special woman to be able to use "asshole" and "motherfucker" in the same paragraph.

Er, not! "You're an asshole, motherfucker!" Easy as pie. Same sentence, even!

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I presume you're referring to her looks, but where's the picture?

Unlike Nickn, I was, in fact, referring to her looks. That being said, I was reading (and enjoying) her Blog when I pictured her as someone, um, not as attractive shall we say. I think my preconceived notions were due to the fact that she must be eating quite a high calorie count due to the decadent Julia Child recipies that Julie cooks. But hey, if she can pull it off, more power to her. :smile:

-Eric

Edited by EJRothman (log)

Sorry, I am simply not as computer literate as I would like to be...I can't seem to get back to her first entry...all searches as attempts deliver me to her most recent entrys, and working backwards by month, I can't find her original entry.    PM's complaining of my ineptness not accepted, pms with suggestions, as always, greatly appreciated.

This should get you there.

the beginning

It takes a special woman to be able to use "asshole" and "motherfucker" in the same paragraph.

Yes, but can you use it at the Christian Science Monitor? That would be impressive.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

In reading the article (not the blog), I found myself wishing for a comment from Julia Child herself, if only to defend the old-fashioned cooking techniques. Even a mention that they tried but couldn't reach her or something; the effort would have been appreciated.

Sorry, I am simply not as computer literate as I would like to be...I can't seem to get back to her first entry...all searches as attempts deliver me to her most recent entrys, and working backwards by month, I can't find her original entry.

You have to click the Julie, why Julia link, or go manually back through the calendar on the right. Nevermind, here's a link: August 25, 2002. Keep clicking the subsequent days on the calendar for the next entry.

Favorite quote of the blog, so far: "Artichokes -- the lobsters of the vegetable kingdom." (8/26/02)

Edited by Rachel Perlow (log)

Tame, baby. Tame.

Edit: We had a cheer at camp which would make you laugh your ass off. PM me if you want to hear it.

Edited by elyse (log)

Maggie, you're a woman to be reckoned with. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

at lunch there was a promo on channel2 (nyc) for the cbs evening news doing something on this project tonight

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

You can watch the CBS spot here - click on the video link on the right of the page, next to the article.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/11/...ain558139.shtml

The human mouth is called a pie hole. The human being is called a couch potato... They drive the food, they wear the food... That keeps the food hot, that keeps the food cold. That is the altar where they worship the food, that's what they eat when they've eaten too much food, that gets rid of the guilt triggered by eating more food. Food, food, food... Over the Hedge