• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breads (and a tag on question about Raita)

hitchmeer

Foodman (and anyone else interested):

Using baker's percentages, I think I have a workable home recipe for our Finnish Coffee Bread that we make at Cafe Latte in St. Paul. I need to try it at this scale tomorrow at work to make sure it works. It's a success, I'll be posting it here in a day or so.

Warmly,

Matt in Minnesota

Vikram. thanks for your insightful posts there. And thalipith and pitla, oh me lord.

Matthew, if you feel like experimenting, a touch of ajwain (i think they are called carom seeds in english) in english scones is a really wonderful, aromatic addition.

Hi, Indiagirl!

Thanks for the suggestion. Tell me more about carom seeds, I've heard of them, but have never tried them. What is the flavor? I'm anxious to get out to penzeys tomorrow and purchase some.

Matt in Minnesota