• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Future food involvement?

Matthew, thank you for being here with us. I wonder if you have any plans or thoughts about returning to the "food world" in your future career? Any projects in the works? If not, why not? Obviously, you have great intuition and skill in terms of the "food as entertainment" field which could be applied to many areas including cookbooks and PR.

OTC: I am also curious about the school of Practical Philosophy and what it teaches. My degree is in Philosophy and I rarely encounter anyone who is interested.

Lobster.

Matthew, thank you for being here with us.  I wonder if you have any plans or thoughts about returning to the "food world" in your future career?  Any projects in the works?  If not, why not?  Obviously, you have great intuition and skill in terms of the "food as entertainment" field which could be applied to many areas including cookbooks and PR.

OTC:  I am also curious about the school of Practical Philosophy and what it teaches.  My degree is in Philosophy and I rarely encounter anyone who is interested.

thanks for the compliment on my intuition...

as of this moment i have no food projects active in any way. oh actually that isn't true, i have fiddled around with the idea opening a wine bar in harlem.

i have some complete written up television ideas sitting around for a rainy day.

i have a fairly nifty idea for a cook/food book that hasn't been done.

but the truth is that just because i love food doesn't mean that is all i want to do with my professional career in television.

i simultaneously neither accept nor reject the possibility of working in food in any or some capacity.

as for the school of practical philosophy...it rocks. anyone can PM me to chat about it.

vague enough for you?

oh, it has been fun being here. thank you to every one for such a nice reception and cool questions.