• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Negative audience response

Thank you for Q&Aing ... I'm getting a kick out of the disclaimers, and salute you for not merely cutting and pasting!

During your time at Food Network, was there a particular show, or topic, or even ingredient eliciting a strong negative response from viewers? What were the objections?

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

Yes, this is something I am particularly interested in -- like did wacky animal rights groups ever call you guys for the airing of unedited chopping up of live lobsters and other still wriggling ingredients on Iron Chef?

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Yes, this is something I am particularly interested in -- like did wacky animal rights groups ever call you guys for the airing of unedited chopping up of live lobsters and other still wriggling ingredients on Iron Chef?

the only thing i recall was one episode of "extreme cuisine" where placenta cooking was discussed but not shown.

i recall some letters about that.

to be honest i don't really recall much anger about ingredients at all.