• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Letters To The NY Times

Holly Moore

Geez, Tony, you're a brave guy. Given the Jason Blair atmosphere, I can't imagine the kind of proof they'll want that you know your testicles. With all the heads rolling, well . . .

Kathleen Purvis, food editor, The Charlotte (NC) Observer

Exceedingly appropriate quote from last night's Graham Norton, featuring Gordon Ramsey:

"There's bull bollock all over my set!!!"

(after hapless audience members were asked to kick various food items into a big pot, including raw chicken, a bag of flour, and the bollocks, one of which exploded into a zillion squishy pieces when kicked.)

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

Speaking of lamb's testicles - had me a plateful a while back at the Cattlemen's Steakhouse in the Oklahoma City Stock Yard.  Lamb Fries on the menu.  Breaded and with a marinara type dipping sauce.  They look like breaded condoms.

And did they taste like breaded condoms??

Inquiring minds . . .