• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet NJ Pig-BBQ & Potluck, Sunday, 9/21/03

Fat Guy

I'd like to rsvp, tentatively :rolleyes: ....or maybe i should just ask when the latest I can rsvp is....

The RSVPing is mostly so we can get a headcount, and so Fink knows how much to bring. Let's set the RSVP date for Sept. 14th, OK?

~~~

Current RSVP list:

Curdnerd & family - supplying the location, that's enough (unless you'd like us to sample some of your bread & cheese )

Fink - bringing the cooked pig(s) at the reduced price of $4 per person

Fat Guy & Ellen

Jason & Rachel Perlow

herbacidal

Kim WB

Lisa1349

LReda & Sue & children

pnapoli

RockADS21

Rosie & Lowell

Suzilightening - since she's planning on arriving late, she should probably bring a dessert (how late are you planning on arriving?)

Tommy & the Mrs.

JosephB & Donna (& pup? Are we bringing our dogs now?*)

jogoode - maybe

KatieLoeb - plus others from the Philly area

Andrew Fenton & the Mrs. - Banana Pudding! :smile::biggrin::wub:

=Mark

You know what would be good, too?  Directions to Bobolink for Philly pholks as well as NYC.  Curdnerd, do you think you could add directions from the south to your website?

Just did a Mapquest for directions. From Center City - 136 Miles. Basically turnpike to parkway to rte 46, stop at Anthony Wayne for a steak sandwich, to rte 23 and then head north.

Edited by Holly Moore (log)

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

You know what would be good, too?  Directions to Bobolink for Philly pholks as well as NYC.  Curdnerd, do you think you could add directions from the south to your website?

Just did a Mapquest for directions. From Center City - 136 Miles. Basically turnpike to parkway to rte 46, stop at Anthony for a steak sandwich, to rte 23 and then head north.

holly, those probably aren't the most direct directions. but we can get some input if people really need the most direct route...although the direct route surely takes one past Rutt's Hut for a quick ripper. :biggrin:

This is tempting, my wife and I are going to be in the NYC area that weekend. I have an unveiling service on Staten Island that Sunday.

It will be frustrating if we are that close and can not make it. If the unveiling is scheduled for the morning we can probably attend the BBQ. It would just involve a lot of driving that day, shuttling between the hotel in the city, to the cemetery on Staten Island, back to the house in Queens and then racing off to Jersey for some quality pig (I hope I remember to take my yarmulke off).

Put us down as a maybe.

Current RSVP list:

Curdnerd & family - supplying the location, that's enough (unless you'd like us to sample some of your bread & cheese )

Fink - bringing the cooked pig(s) at the reduced price of $4 per person

Fat Guy & Ellen

Jason & Rachel Perlow

herbacidal

Kim WB

Lisa1349

LReda & Sue & children

pnapoli

RockADS21

Rosie & Lowell

Suzilightening - since she's planning on arriving late, she should probably bring a dessert (how late are you planning on arriving?)

Tommy & the Mrs.

JosephB & Donna (& pup? Are we bringing our dogs now?*)

jogoode - maybe

KatieLoeb - plus others from the Philly area

Andrew Fenton & the Mrs. - Banana Pudding!  :smile:  :biggrin:  :wub:

=Mark

rlibkind (Bob & Jean Sue)

NewYorkTexan - maybe

With the maybe's & kids we're at approximately 32.

I am also in - and bringing a friend.

Randi

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Suzilightning - since she's planning on arriving late, she should probably bring a dessert (how late are you planning on arriving?)

Time to start thinking about coming - the more the merrier!

rachel -

all depends on how the birds are flying(this is right during peak broadwing hawk migration). don't count me as an eater since the earliest i could get there, unless it is raining, would probably be 4:30 or so.

how does winner's circle pie with bourbon whipped cream sound? :wacko:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

If we can hitch a ride from/to Manhattan with a generous eGulleter, "slkinsey's girlfriend" (aka, bergerka) and I would like to attend. And, hey, it's 3 days from my birthday!

Once we get an idea of what's being provided, I'm sure I can come up with something interesting to bring, since I have roots in two of the epicenters of barbeque (Texas and North Carolina).

--