• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What are you working on now?

Hi Matthew. What kind of stuff are you working on now? Any interesting projects coming up?

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Hi Matthew. What kind of stuff are you working on now? Any interesting projects coming up?

I am contemplating working on the Howard Dean for President campaign...www.deanforamerica.com

i am working on perfecting my short form tai chi at the chu tai chi center. www.chutaichi.com

and of course there is my life long quest for truth...that is work, but joyous work at the school of practical philosophy www.practicalphilosophy.org

i am going to start performing long form improvisational comedy again to keep my eight year streak going at www.ucbtheater.com

otherwise I keep busy with my work in cable.

I was fired October 11, 2000.

i am going to start performing long form improvisational comedy again to keep my eight year streak going at www.ucbtheater.com

Off Topic Chat warning - Are you participating in the Del Improv Olympics next month? As I will be working around the new theater during my "vacation" I will be spending an unususal amount of time there, attending the Olympics, and generally trying to make myself feel famous. Sorry, I must have missed you at the old theater. What is your history performing the Herald? What of this eight-year streak?

Rice pie is nice.

Off Topic Chat warning - Are you participating in the Del Improv Olympics next month? As I will be working around the new theater during my "vacation" I will be spending an unususal amount of time there, attending the Olympics, and generally trying to make myself feel famous. Sorry, I must have missed you at the old theater. What is your history performing the Herald? What of this eight-year streak?

I have been involved with the UCB shortly after they arrived in New York eight years ago. I took classes with them when they used to be on 17th street on a 6th floor walk up. I recently took my first break from classes.

i won't be involved with the del close marathon this year.

but i have performed in it in previous years doing Harolds (sorry, not heralds) and other long form stuff.

i have been lucky to be asked to do monologues at ASSSCAT a few times. I have also been involved in teams and a number of shows at the theater. It has always been one of the things that I have done since I graduated college. I am good at it (long form improvisation)and I love doing it. I have shared the stage with so many talanted performers over the years who i think are brilliant. I stay in the loop over there and know all the old timers but i never could be a 24/7 improv guy...i do too many things.