• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Microbrew?

winodj

Had some friends take me to the Heartland Microbrewery in Union Square today to try their Cornhusker Ale. It was alright I guess... but I think the best small/micro brew I ever had was Boulevard out of KC. Michigan Brewing Company would line up there with the worst. Taste reminiscent of Schlitz.

Are you looking for the best brewpub in NYC, or best generally available small batch beer available in NYC, or what? The world is full of lots of bad beers, and I can't off the top of my head think of a NYC brewpub beer that holds a candle to the stuff I brew at home... not that that information helps you... so ask a more specific question, and you'll probably get a more specific answer.

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

ALASKAN BREWING COMPANY: Alaskan Amber, Alaskan Stout, Alaskan Pale, Smoked Alasakan Porter, Alaskan ESB, Alaskan Winter Ale, Alaskan Summer Ale!!!!!

ALASKAN BREWING COMPANY: Alaskan Amber, Alaskan Stout, Alaskan Pale, Smoked Alasakan Porter, Alaskan ESB, Alaskan Winter Ale, Alaskan Summer Ale!!!!!

The Smoked Alaskan Porter has won and was second this year according to Realbear.com.

A fair second is Great Lakes Brewing Company. I love their Christmas Ale and the Dortmunder Gold.

:smile::cool::wub::smile::raz: