• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2003 Farmer's Market Schedule

Montclair is unusual as it has four very high quality retail bakeries in a town of 20,000 people.

Montclair Bread Co and Gina's Paneficio are across the street from each other on Walnut Street, up from Corso 98. Nicola's is off Glen Ridge Avenue by the new train crossing (the Munchmobile called it one of the best in NJ), and Forno's is on Bellevue Avenue in Upper Montclair.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I'll be at Verona to check them out.

BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU EAT IF YOU ENJOY IT!!!

thank you Elyse. :biggrin: i feel much better now about the deep fried oreo that i ate last night at the state fair.

PS: good luck! that sounds cool. i'll try to stop by for a pie, but don't know if i can make it by 7. you'll probably be sold out long before then, anyway.....

Does anyone know of any weekend farmer's markets in eastern Monmouth County?

Here's a link of Farmers Markets:

Farmers Markets

There is a New Jersey Tailgate Market located at the Cheesequake reststop Exit 124 on the Parkway. I haven't been there for a year or two but the last time I was there, there were quite a few stands.

The JERSEY FRESH website has a more comprehensive farmers market list:

http://www.state.nj.us/jerseyfresh/searches/urban.htm

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Yes, I'll be there unless it rains. I really don't know what their policy is for weather. Passed inspection well, so that's good. Now as long as I can bake without interruption, all will be cool. Still don't have pie plates I like. I can make/save one if you'll definitely be coming. But do NOT hang me up. I keep my word, and if I say I'll save one for you, I'll save it until I get home. Dorky, but true.

Pao de queijo is iffy. I ran out of ingredients and don't think I have time to go to Queens for more. :sad:

I can make/save one if you'll definitely be coming.  But do NOT hang me up.  I keep my word, and if I say I'll save one for you, I'll save it until I get home.  Dorky, but true.

i can't make any sort of promises regarding showing up. but if i can swing by, i hope you have a pie.

What sort of timish are you thinking?  Remember, I may not have cool stuff this week.

i'm not thinking timish and i don't care what you have. if i stop in i stop in. please don't give it another thought. of course, i might be walking around wondering which vendor is you. :unsure:

I have dark hair and blue eyes. Pale skin. I'll probably be looking nervous and chaotic. I'llbe wearing white Nike's with a blue stripe. I'll be wearing a green purse thing around my waist. Also, I'll have a humidor as a display case. :smile:

Pao de queijo is iffy.  I ran out of ingredients and don't think I have time to go to Queens for more. :sad:

Can you share the recipe? Or just the ingrediants. I'm pretty good at doping out where to buy most any food product.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

I can get the stuff here in the city, it's just really fucking expensive.

Now I have to have (make) them. A google search turned up nothing relevent. How about a few ingrediants or a link so I can try them.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

I gave a long explaination on the NYC potluck thread that I'm reluctant to post the recipes since these are the only two items that I will be selling. They are recipes that were given me which in no way represented the original items. I reworked them over and over until they satisfied me. I hope that's understandable. :smile:

I gave a long explaination on the NYC potluck thread that I'm reluctant to post the recipes since these are the only two items that I will be selling.  They are recipes that were given me which in no way represented the original items.  I reworked them over and over until they satisfied me.  I hope that's understandable. :smile:

Okay

Something has been bugging me. Last week I went to a Farmer's Market and bought some peaches , cherries, and other vegetables. I took two peaches to work yesterday and they had those tiny stickers on them . This kind of caught me off guard. I would have thought that the produce would have been " Jersey fresh" . What 's do stop someone from going to Shop Rite and buying produce and selling it at one of these markets?

Heuriger Wein is mein Lieblingswein!