• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seduction

Elissa

• 2 months later...

would you do anything differently for an early fall seduction? (autumn, not impatience i mean)

Edited by Elissa (log)

Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons: That is all there is to distinguish us from the other Animals.

-Beaumarchais

Speaking of seduction via food, here's a book. 

5351568.gif

Be careful when browsing that book in a bookstore! It got me kicked out of a Barnes and Noble in Sioux Falls, SD!

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Speaking of seduction via food, here's a book.

5351568.gif

Be careful when browsing that book in a bookstore! It got me kicked out of a Barnes and Noble in Sioux Falls, SD!

Explain... Expound... Inquiring minds want to know. :laugh:

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Appetizer: BLT's cut into wedges with spinach instead of lettuce and a good dollop of dijon in the homemade, lemony mayonnaise on a bed of lemon (or grapefruit) roasted asparagus.

Roast chicken from this book's 0688131352.01._PE30_PIdp-schmoo2,TopRight,7,-26_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpgrecipe, and roasted zucchini with balsamic vinaigrette on roasted acorn squash.

Dessert: rhubarb upside down cake with whipped cream and port or Frangelico fortified hot chocolate to finish.

Drinks: bubbly rose to start, Spilker Ales' Hopalleuia with the entree, and either really good coffee after the hot chocolate, or decent coffee with Frangelico to end.

As for the explanation, in the "Intercourses" cookbook, there is a picture of an asparagus apron/skirt/kilt. I was providing an example of the dance I would do whilst wearing said apron/skirt/kilt, and apparently Barnes and Noble is not the appropriate place to tango. I also think we were disturbing several rows of book-shelves with our chuckles in the black bean section.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I find the fall to be the most romantic time of year,so here goes.

the teasing course

Individual gorgonzola souffle with poached pears on frise and baby spinach salad with a port reduced vinaigrette.

foreplay

Thickly sliced calves liver,seared rare with caramalized leeks and cepes

then poached briefly in a demi,red wine jus draped across marcarpone mashed with roasted parsnip/turnip pave.

retire with

Napoleon of deep fryed wonton with lemon curd and fresh raspberries dusted with icing sugar in a pool of coulis.

Edited by Oreganought (log)