• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seduction

Elissa

Say you first enter your flame's kitchen to find it bare but well appointed. You agree, why not, to stay and make dinner there. She/he seats you with music, a bar and a library and returns, twenty minutes later, with 3 dishes. Which would please you most?

Edited by lissome (log)

Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons: That is all there is to distinguish us from the other Animals.

-Beaumarchais

Steak. Ceasar Salad. Broccoli or Aspargus with Hollandaise. Cheese. Port. I'm in heaven.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

and what three dishes would you create in 20 minutes with the intention to seduce?

Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons: That is all there is to distinguish us from the other Animals.

-Beaumarchais

To start:Asparagus-cold so fingers could be used,simple balsamic based vinagrette.

Main:Fresh cooked Dorset(England)Lobster ,lemon mayonaise,Jersey Royale new potatoes with butter and new cut chives,green beans with roast pine nuts.

Pudd:Fresh berries to be dunked in double cream and fed to each other. :wub:

. . . I should have also said king scallops and raspberries are two other great ingredients. Feed me these and I'm yours.

Well, at least I would be yours if you were female. I will do most things for good food but I have to draw the line somewhere.

:raz:

I am a Phillistine:

A cheese and onion sandwich:

Freshly baked crusty bread, Danish butter, (onion and old English cheddar put through a meat grinder) and spread thickly between two slices - I'm anybody's! (But nobody would want me!) Anna N

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I once had a 'date' with a friend who brought me olives in place of flowers. Too bad he was such a loser otherwise. I had told him of my love of olives before, so it wasn't that odd a gift to bring. Olives = foodgasm.

hmm...

mine would be:

--nova scotia lobster, steamed

--asparagus and hollandaise (very lemon-y)

--watermelon ice

good thread! and awbrig: where'd you get the hysterical star wars kid gif?

ciao,

gus

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

Unless you'd prefer Rick James?

How about a "Mothers of Invention vs. Chic -- 'Freak Out' -- Matty B's Summer of Love Remix"?

Two notes:

The Rick James song was "Super Freak."

The Chic song was originally entitled "Fuck Off" & was addressed to Studio 54 for snubbing Bernard Edwards.