• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Beerfest

The 2nd Annual Seattle International Beerfest will be held at Seattle Center (Mural Ampitheater) on July 11 to 13, 2003, and I could get into a lot of trouble. Here's the website:

http://www.seattlebeerfest.com/index2.htm

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

The 2nd Annual Seattle International Beerfest will be held at Seattle Center (Mural Ampitheater) on July 11 to 13, 2003, and I could get into a lot of trouble.

ya know.. isn't there one on Solstice weekend too? the replacement for the Herbfarm one? (*sob* *mourn*)

This one is particularly good because its walking distance to my house. well sorta, ALL uphill. I'd be sober by the time I got home.

I love beer. Surely there are lots o' beer lovers on this board. I'd be game to attend this. Its been awhile since I've been to a beerfest...

Born Free, Now Expensive

The 2nd Annual Seattle International Beerfest will be held at Seattle Center (Mural Ampitheater) on July 11 to 13, 2003, and I could get into a lot of trouble.

ya know.. isn't there one on Solstice weekend too? the replacement for the Herbfarm one? (*sob* *mourn*)

This one is particularly good because its walking distance to my house. well sorta, ALL uphill. I'd be sober by the time I got home.

I love beer. Surely there are lots o' beer lovers on this board. I'd be game to attend this. Its been awhile since I've been to a beerfest...

I'll go with you! Looks to be less crowded and in a more pleasant space than the Oktoberfest thing in Fremont.

Where's the one on Solstice weekend usually held? Who'd want to compete with Fremont Parade weekend?

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

summer brewfest on father's day weekend

Its June 14th-15th this year, always on Father's Day weekend. Some years that corresponds with Fremont, but this year, no.

hell yah I'll go to the international one at SeaCenter with you. The only day I couldn't go would be Sunday the 13th.

did you ever go to the one at the old Herbfarm?? that was such a lovely setting for catching a good buzz ;-)

The cool thing about this one is its international :raz:

The list of beer is enough to make me swoon.

edit: hey, that stinking link doesn't work to bring up the bier list. You must click on The Biers once there...

Edited by malarkey (log)

Born Free, Now Expensive

I want that crown of hops that guy is wearing in one of those pics...

You must wait until you have a few glasses of 8-pointer under your belt before wearing silly things on your head. :wink:

I never went to the Herbfarm one (was that Falls City?). I probably hadn't moved here yet.

The other one looks good too, but not so convenient for driving home. If only they provided a drunk shuttle between St. Edward State Park and downtown.

Edited by MsRamsey (log)

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I loved the one at the Herbfarm! It was so grand. We used to pile into my friend's suburban (he'd always stay sober, bless him) and head out to Fall City. I loved walking around on the nutshells (hazelnuts?) on the pathways... after you got drunk, you would sorta slip and slide around on them, which made it even more fun. One year, my friends hijacked a Red Rider Wagon from some drunk people we met and we took turns running and pulling each other around the whole site. It was quite, uh, refreshing, until I fell out of the wagon and had to sit still for about 15 minutes because everything kept spinning.

The one at St. Edwards Park is a lot of fun. I went last year and I had a grand time. I'm going again this year (it's a great dad's day event for my hubby). It's more family oriented than the Herbfarm one, which was more of a party party kind of atmosphere. But considering I now have a family, I guess I should just grow up and act respectable (not).

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

If only they provided a drunk shuttle between St. Edward State Park and downtown.

Especially since you now have to pay to park at St Eddies (at least if you're mountain biking you do). I'll make a note to avoid the place on the day of the beerfest - the last thing I want is to be barreling through the woods on my bike only to have one of you beer-swilling lot stagger out in front of me :wink:

- S

Hmmm... I wonder what round trip tickets are running these days. Is there a hip hotel within walking distance?

My hit list:

Abbaye des Rocs Gran Cru, Achel Bruin, Ayinger Brau Weisse, Caracole Saxo, Crystal Diplomat, De Ranke Pere Noel, De Regenboog Wostyntje, Unibroue Ephereme, Golden Pheasant, Hampshire Pride of Ramsey IPA, Hannsen's Meade the Gueuze, Hopback Summer Lightning, Rogue Imperial Stout, the mystery beer, Nethergate Old Growler, Reinaert Flemish Wild Ale, New Belgium Dubbel, Chimay Cinq Cents, De Dulle Teve, Fantome Pissenlit, Hair of the Dog Fred, Hitchino Nest Beer White Ale, Gouden Carolus Triple, Lucifer, Maudite, Maredsous, Lagunitas Maximus, Hair of the Dog Rose, Tripel Karmeliet, New Belgium Tripel, Urthel Tripel

fanatic...

Hmmm... I wonder what round trip tickets are running these days. Is there a hip hotel within walking distance?

Not within walking distance, but Willows Lodge is a short ways away.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Especially since you now have to pay to park at St Eddies

Just talked to the Beer Fest oranizers. They claim parking is free (and that there's a lot of it).

Still, bring $5 just in case (I am) and get there early. Last year, the place was packed 30 minutes after it opened.

We're going right AT 11 a.m.

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Mmm . . . beer . . . in the morning.

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Mmm . . . beer . . . in the morning.

Hey, its after noon somewhere....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I think we should do the same MsRamsey. Hit the fest right when they open. god forbid we miss any beers, er, biers.

If you plan on being there at 11 a.m. Sunday, Ken, Baby Ben and I will be there as well (Ben is driving. Kidding. I am.). Look for us!

Oh, and in my book, it's always beer:thirty. Besides, it's a holiday, so morning drinking is acceptable (Father's Day and all).

-- Frank Bruni

But Malarkey and I are talking about the one at the Seattle Center in July, right?

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

• 4 weeks later...
But Malarkey and I are talking about the one at the Seattle Center in July, right?

jesus did it take me long enough to reply this this?!

yes, I was refering to the international one. the one COMING UP THIS WEEKEND!! Still wanna go MsRamsey? Anyone else??

Born Free, Now Expensive

I can't go Friday, but Saturday or Sunday is good.

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

bummer, I could do friday night... I can't do sunday, but I can do saturday... BUT I got roped into feeding the horses at the barn saturday evening, so I either 1) have to stay sober, or 2) will need some dry out time before I have to make the trek. damn!!

Born Free, Now Expensive

:sad:

You don't want to do that! You should go Friday if it's the best time for you. I'm going to a concert -- sorry 'bout that!

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

OK, its on. I'm relieved of my obligations and I can be irresponsible. I'm going, MsRamsey is going (and bringing a friend) and we're gonna taste beers. Tighe, this is right up your alley. Anybody else coming?!

We're meeting at 12:30!

Born Free, Now Expensive