• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"New Twist on Tuna"

Fat Guy

I just thought I'd speak up for the cat-food bags of tuna. I think they're great (although the flavored varieties are a little... um... well, they're OK if there's nothing else in the house). They made it much easier for me to have a tuna sandwich for lunch - I don't like the way bread gets soggy when you refrigerate it with tuna on it all morning, and the pouches meant I could take the bread separately, keep everything on my desk, and assemble a la minute, as it were. Now that I don't work in an office, this is not such an advantage.

Also, I find the texture of the pouch tuna to be vastly better.

As far as this lemon flavored tuna in a can goes, well... it doesn't sound great to me, and I imagine the lemon would pick up the tinny flavor from the tin, no?

Jennie

On a related but different topic, has anyone tried the new premium tuna in the gold can from (I think) Bumble Bee.  It really is a superior product (if you eat canned tuna).  I had stopped eating it because I really didn't like the quality.  This has changed all that for me.

The belly, or Bluefin variety inported from Italy is vastly superior to any of the regular varieties.. Have also seen this packaged in glass, so you won't get any tinny taste!

How about tuna in Lemon Diet Coke?

How 'bout not?

It's already one of the worst tasting drinks in the universe. Lemon Pledge probably tastes good in comparison. Heck, maybe you are right. The tuna might improve the taste.

Since lemon is apparently an attempt to sweeten the tuna, I'm surprised we haven't seen a "tuna, no lemon". :biggrin:

Edited by jhlurie (log)

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"