• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Round Five: Fusion

Everyone's favorite French baseball food: "Chez Stadium."

Seared fois gras "hotdogs," popcorn au beurre, pralines a la "Crackerjack," steak hache' au bun avec sauce de tomate aigre-doux de Pittsburgh (marque d'Heinz), "sandwiches" de la glace de vanille, and of course some Stella to wash it all down.

Mexican (Southwest)/Malay: "Taco Indah"

Durian margaritas, Satay de lengua, Kangkung burritos, Avocado sambal belacan, Goat curry tacos. Dulce de agar-agar and Flan de kaya for dessert. Leftover rice fed to the chickens out back.

Michael aka "Pan"

I had submitted a raunchy, but borderline amusing bit about a restaurant in my area a month ago and it was forgotten.  I don't feel like delving back into the will this get deleted/is this too risque mindframe.

Spencer:

It was not forgotten, believe you moi. That topic didn't get a lot of entries, and it's still open: no prize has been awarded yet. I'd like to see another two or three...enough critical mass to make a prize meaningful.

The glory and the Tshirt are still pending. (I mentioned it on that thread, I believe.) I really don't want you, or anyone else, to think your work is being overlooked or dissed.

Raunchy is fine.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Yusuf's Muslim/Korean buffet - "Try the Cat-Mandu !"

The vegan steakhouse is good, but I don't get this.

Cat Steven's is now Yusuf Islam - Mandu is a korean dumpling. A little on the obscure side - I keep letting my work intrude on my web time (lost my train of thought)

I keep letting my work intrude on my web time (lost my train of thought)

Gordon: This is an ever-present danger, and one you must avoid at all costs. Be very careful here!

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com

Fusion in gastronomy began when 2 people of diverse cultures exchanged food ideas. What we see today is an exponential degree of the misinterpreted idea of fusion.

Future Food - our new television show airing 3/30 @ 9pm cst:

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/future-food/

Hope you enjoy the show! Homaro Cantu

Chef/Owner of Moto Restaurant

www.motorestaurant.com

Fusion in gastronomy began when 2 people of diverse cultures exchanged food ideas. What we see today is an exponential degree of the misinterpreted idea of fusion.

Is that supposed to invalidate this thread? Its just a joke.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

This round's closed, and I'd like to thank you all for providing some Serious Mirth. Watch TDG this week for the winners.

I am awarding an Honorable Mention to Jason Perlow. The Man, because of his elevated position, can't actually win, and he controls the the Giant Motherlode of eGullet thongs anyway...but if not for pesky competition rules, Sosumi and Kvetching Tiger would have been battling for a top spot.

The "Dark and Stormy" silliness is still open--so very open, as open as her patio doors as she gazes onto the rosebushes, as open as the half bottle of Barbera she found on her kitchen counter this morning, as open as her mind as she contemplates whether to have the leftover brisket or the leftover mock porchetta from "Zuni Cafe" for lunch, as open as the hand of a child asking for two bucks to give the ice cream man.

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com

• 1 year later...

One of my favorites used to be at the Cherry Hill Hilton (for real)--a Chinese/Jewish deli restaurant called Ginsburg and Wong!!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

• 2 months later...