• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brasa and Harvest Vine at One Sitting

Just got Brasa's monthly enews. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

======

Tamara has returned from Spain refreshed and ready to delight you with some new and exciting dishes. She and her staff are eagerly working (more like playing) on the new summer menu influenced by her recent travels.

:: The Communal Table ::

Wednesday, June 11th

Dinner starts at 7:30 pm

Joseba Jimenez from The Harvest Vine is joining Tamara in the kitchen and they are cooking tapas, tapas, tapas. For those of you who are not familiar with Joseba, he is the Northwest's authority on Basque cooking. A meal at his Madison Valley restaurant is a must. You will absolutely fall in love with him and his food. Join us at our table and spend the evening eating, drinking and visiting with Joseba, Tamara and friends. Bryan will be pouring from the Northern region of Spain's remarkable wine country. The Communal Table seats 24 guests, so please call soon to reserve your spot. Credit card information will be requested when you make your reservation. Joseba, Tamara and Bryan look forward to seeing you. Dinner and wine is $75 per person. This includes, food, wine, tax and gratuity. This promises to be a very fun evening. Not offered with any other promotions.

:: Cooking with Tamara ::

The Catalan Country Kitchen

Saturday, June 21

Class begins 10:30 am

Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 pm ish

Join Tamara in preparing food from the Pyrenees to the Mediterranean seacoast of Barcelona. Catalan cuisine is cooking from the heart. It encompasses flavors we all love-tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, nuts, dried fruits, lots of fresh herbs, fish and shellfish. You will learn new flavors that you can easily incorporate into all your summer outdoor cooking. Please bring an apron and your favorite knife. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday and the first day of Summer! Classes are sixty-five dollars per person, all inclusive. Classes are limited to 12 students. Reservations accepted with your credit card. A 24- hour cancellation notice is kindly requested.

"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." --Dalai Lama

I shouldn't go, but this (the Communal Dinner) sounds great. Is anyone here going?

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

This sounds really cool, unfortunately I have at least two conflicts that evening....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I heard that it is full.

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I just talked to Bryan to confirm that it's full, and it is, but he took my number in case someone cancels. Why did I just do that?? :wacko::wacko:

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I gave Brian a call at the last minute Wednesday on the off chance. No way. Talked to him last night and he said it sold out in about a day. I said "do more" and he acknowledged as how that would be really smart.

"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." --Dalai Lama