• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your favorite hot/spicy snack?

stagis

On the road with Rob:

A little Christmas shopping resulted in me sitting in my hotel room with the remote.....and no snacks. But wait! I bought some XXX pretzels at the mall to wrap for myself for Christmas! I'll just eat those.....

15 minutes later..... Crap!!!!! I'm in a hotel room!!!!! No ice cream. No bananas. This hurts! I know - water is bad for you. But I've gotta do it!

The airplane trip home was bad. No handhold in the bathrooms and everybody can hear you cry.

Or - those habanero lollipops?

Lick

*cough*

Must've been something in my throat.

Lick

*cough*

Huh.....I wonder if that is repeatable.....

Lick

*cough*

"Hey, honey! Try one of these!"

*run for the hills*

Kimchi bap (kimchi and rice rolled in nori).

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Can it be "homemade" or do only pre-packaged hot foods count?

Queso made with 1/2 Velveeta and 1/2 hot taco sauce from a jar, microwaved together, with fresh peppers and onions chopped on top. Lots of peppers.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Extra spicy Hot Mix (the Indian snack)! And only the kind from from Deep, and none of those cheap imitations that Indian groceries sell... although Hot Mix can get expensive sometimes....but, no matter! Need Hot Mix! :smile:

Vanilla ice cream sprinkled with Apple Smoked Red Savina Habanero powder.

Blairs Death Rain Habanero potato chips.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Add another fan for wasabi peas. I just adore those...

I like the marinated hot peppers stuffed with prosciutto and mozzarella cheese that I get at DiBruno's.

I also have a jar of these delicious olives stuffed with Turkish hot peppers. Awesome in a martini, but pretty good on their own too.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Blairs Death Rain Habanero potato chips.

The Blairs products are really good quality chips. Death Rain is brutal, though.

I really like the spicy nut mixes in Indian groceries -- recently I had some cashews with lots of black pepper, they were awesome.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I love wasabi peas, and peanuts for that matter (there is far more wasabi-goodness with the peanuts).

I recently picked up some sort of red-savina laced nuts on holiday. I'm heading to a BBQ tonight, so it will be the perfect opportunity for my friends and I to experience them together. :rolleyes:

I love wasabi peas, and peanuts for that matter (there is far more wasabi-goodness with the peanuts). 

I recently picked up some sort of red-savina laced nuts on holiday.  I'm heading to a BBQ tonight, so it will be the perfect opportunity for my friends and I to experience them together.  :rolleyes:

Where do you find the wasabi peas, s'kat? I'm all for more wasabi-goodness!!! :biggrin:

And do report back on the savina-laced nuts after tonight's BBQ . . .

Or - those habanero lollipops? 

Lick

*cough* 

Must've been something in my throat.

Lick

*cough*

Huh.....I wonder if that is repeatable.....

Lick

*cough*

That is so funny. I did the same thing with jalapeno ice cream at the last trade show.

I am a spice baby.

Big pitcher of spicy Bloody Marys

A well-made Bloody Mary is a thing of true, picante beauty. Since I've discovered a lower sodium version of V-8, I indulge often. Hot sauce of choice: Bufalo brand chipotle from Mexico.

Wasabi peas.

Yes, yes, yes! I can chomp my way through an entire bag in no time flat . . .

They're great. I sometimes mix them into cooked gohan.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Oh my god, you can actually eat the Death Rain chips, Mark?  Geez.

Can you bite into a raw habanero?

Mark can do anything.