• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

key limes in PHL?

katbert

where can I find key limes in PHL? Or for that matter key lime juice. I haven't looked for it yet but throught I'd check to see if anyone knows offhand. thx, kt

They often have them at Iovine's in the terminal. Look for them in the "food on styrofoam wrapped in plastic" section.

I saw key limes in a plain ole Giant supermarket last week in Royersford (30 mi. west of PHL). Most grocery stores carry bottled key lime juice.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

If you buy juice, be careful to buy "key lime juice" not "key west lime juice" or some other marketing ploy. Key limes are actually a different fruit from the regular lime, so the juice will taste quite different.

Here's an article I wrote for Saveur about key lime pie, if you're interested.

Neil

Author of the Mahu series of mystery novels set in Hawaii.

The Cook's Illustrated folks insist that there's no difference between pie made with Key limes and that made with Persian limes. I've never noticed a big difference, either; but I haven't done a taste-test. How would you describe the difference between the two?