• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

SF Bay Area vegetable delivery/CSAs

Farm Fresh To You.  A veggie of the month club. I'm told it's very good.  The website provides a lot of recipes so you know what to do with your kolrabi.

a co-worker gets a box of fresh veggies delivered to his house every thursday from the box. They seem to be the next best thing to growing your own or shopping at the farmers market.

I used these guys when I lived in SF and loved the service. it was like getting a present every week. Then I moved to LA and there's no service with equivalent quality. I've tried a few, but the veggies/fruit aren't very good. It's done more for health or political reasons here then for culinary reasons. It's strange there's no good veggie delivery service down here when you consider how wonderful the farmers markets are.

• 3 weeks later...

Stone, do you mind discussing who told you it's very good and what they said?

I am shopping for a delivery or pick-up service. I have used Planet Organics in the past and the quality is very high and the variety very good. I thougt the quantity good too, but the CSA boxes are cheaper; I don't know how to compare quality and variety. I have seen the one you mentioned, and several others. There was an article recently in the SF Chron food section that listed a varitey of CSA's but no way to select one. PlanetO and The Box are not CSA's but buy from a variety of farms.

A friend in the East bay says Full Belly is great and large quantity, best price too at $14, I think, but no SF delivery or I'd go with them.

• 1 month later...