• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fahrenheit

Monkey

Has anyone eaten at Fahrenheit (the restaurant in the new Ritz)? I know a few people say the bar is cool, but me needs to know about the food. Their menu isn't online yet, I may have them fax over a copy. Anyone know if it's worth it? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom is not thrilled by the food.

Haven't been yet myself. I find Georgetown so inconvenient that I tend not to go unless I know it's goint to be worth the trip. Can't get the Metro there, and if you drive the traffic and parking are terrible.

Chief Scientist / Amateur Cook

MadVal, Seattle, WA

Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code

Monkey say:

I know a few people say the bar is cool, but me needs to know about the food

I went to the bar after work one night recently with friends. This is not your father's Ritz Carlton. The bar was full of club kids. T-shirts, jeans, the occasional blazer. The service was genial but really pokey. Also, it ain't cheap. The unusual glassware screams "steal me, please". We got a tour of the place from the security guard. The dining room is handsome enough. We asked to see the "Chimney Room". They intend to use it as a private dining venue. While it is cool to look at, I couldn't imagine eating in there. Its a freakin' echo chamber!

Mark

I'm going to have to check this out if just to see whether or not the crushing review is justified. If the food's that bad, better pray that the servers know how to lead guests through the menu. How are the bar prices?

Bar prices are up there. 5 of us sat there for an hour and a half and the bar bill was $200. Given the pokey service, it seemed high. The funny thing that Ritz did this week was have an "event" at the Georgetown Ritz with chefs from all over the east coast to show the public that some of them actually know how to cook. They highlighted Fabio Trabocchi from the Ritz in Tysons ( the chef from Maestro). This hotel offered the chef job to a friend of mine for $50,000 a year. This means that they are not serious.

Mark

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Jenny must be bored at work.....she's digging up old threads again

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

They do have a new chef since all... that (above).

Frank Belosic is serving cicadas and Thin Mint Parfaits on the the first page of his Google search. I'll confirm he's that kinda serving Brownie troop 5593 nice guy, don't know jack about his food.

Give me your oldest Grand Marnier and a thousand year egg.