• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I won't eat... What are your food limits?

fifi

First, regarding cilantro. I was recently told there is a specific gene that leads to a hyper-sensitivity to cilantro. That being said I also know many people (myself included) who at one time really disliked cilantro but grew to be able to tolerate it or even enjoy it. For me, I gave up trying to pick it out of things and just tried to "deal" with it and from there I got used to it and now have to have it in many dishes where it is called for.

My "no ways"-

Any goats milk product. Like many people who have an extreme aversion to cilantro, I have a hyper-sensitive palate to goat's milk. I can taste it a mile away and it is a very offensive taste to me. On a scale of one to ten it's a ten for offensiveness.

No goat meat for me either.

No brains, glands or innards.

No escargot. Escargot are the same as goats milk to me. On a scale of 1-10 as to how grassy or strong they are, while most people might say a 2-4, for me they are a ten plus, super strong.

No bugs.

I think that's about it.