• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How much jigglin' is too much?

MatthewB

I think I've a slight case of spring allergies so perhaps my palate is off.

Anyway . . .

There's construction going on nearby & my loft has been shaking due to the pounding over the last two weeks.

Popped open a bottle of wine last night. Seems a little lighter in color with less body & less overall flavor. Popped open another bottle from a different case--same thing. Heat & humidity are definitely not the possible problems here.

So, could this construction have induced enough vibration to turn my wine?

:crosses fingers:

Not that I can imagine in such a short time. I guarantee you every bottle you drink has seen some serious shaking on trucks and sea containers before arriving on your table.

That is assuming it is not old wine where the shaking has stirred up the sediment into the wine which will affect taste.

I would not recommend for long term cellar conditions. :biggrin:

Not that I can imagine in such a short time. I guarantee you every bottle you drink has seen some serious shaking on trucks and sea containers before arriving on your table.

That is assuming it is not old wine where the shaking has stirred up the sediment into the wine which will affect taste.

I would not recommend for long term cellar conditions. :biggrin:

That helps.

I've no "old" wine in my loft. All the good stuff goes to the wine cellar at my SO's. (:biggrin: as long as we're SOs, I hate to think it'd ever be :wacko: but I highly doubt it :cool: )

Thanks, Craig.