• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oakdale Theater-Wallingford, Ct

sammy

Going with a group of friends to a concert (Earth, Wind and Fire) at the Oakdale theater in a few weeks and was hoping someone new of a few decent places to eat nearby. Nothing fancy, just good grub and good selection of beer.

Thanks for your help.

"These pretzels are making me thirsty." --Kramer

Amber in North Haven: they are famous for their ribs, I don't know about beer selection

Eli's on Whitney in Hamden: very good beer selection, food is good, nothing amazing

And then of course you could go to any of the pizza places in New Haven, Pepe's, The Spot, Sally's, they have beer, I don't know about the selection. The only downside with these, is you might have to wait in line for a table, depending on what time you're there at.

The places I listed are more casual places.