• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NJ eGullet Dinner at China 46

Double 0

now he's just f*ckin with us.

Thanks for cleaning up your language with that asterisk. If you had said "fuckin" it would have been a whole different ballgame.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

now he's just f*ckin with us.

Thanks for cleaning up your language with that asterisk. If you had said "fuckin" it would have been a whole different ballgame.

i thought your mom might be reading trying to sort out the directions for you.

Well, we'll probably see you later. I better leave now so as to be sure of making it!

You are the same folks who circumnavigated North America last summer, right? :wacko:

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

I'm workin' on about 3 hours sleep and I had car trouble last night (thankfully cleared up today) so I may be a bit antisocial tonight. Apologies in advance. Maybe I'd better sit next to you tommy, so in the wake of all your mad social skillz nobody notices.

Plus I'm bringing like... 14 bottles of beer, so I need someone drunker than me nearby.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

I'm workin' on about 3 hours sleep and I had car trouble last night (thankfully cleared up today) so I may be a bit antisocial tonight.  Apologies in advance.  Maybe I'd better sit next to you tommy, so in the wake of all your mad social skillz nobody notices.

Plus I'm bringing like... 14 bottles of beer, so I need someone drunker than me nearby.

i got your back. on all counts.

Rachel just called me and asked me to post that soba can't make it and that whoever agreed to call Cecil with the final headcount should let him know.

I'm going to take an hour nap now. :blink:

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

we're all set for 18 ppl.  cecil has arranged a high-chair for jon in case it gets fresh 'cause he missed his nappy-poo.

As long as the chair has a cupholder which will hold a beer bottle, I'll be fine.

Actually, as my body is now realizing, sometimes an hour is worse than nothing. :hmmm:

Tower control has cleared me for the 6 minute and 30 second flight to China 46. Take off is imminent, and upon arrival I shall be eating and drinking with the tray table down but myself in an upright position.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

First of all I would like to apologize about not being able to post more pictures -- when I was previwing them they appeared to be fine, but a lot of them came out really blurry because I didnt use flash. Dumb. Time to buy a photo light. So if anyone took pictures of stuff that I didnt post here, please do.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Brian with the empty dumpling steamer... we managed to eat 3 steamers worth at each table

byarvin1.jpg

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host