• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

does anyone know if the Ukrainian twins are still there?

I like to research the important details where possible :biggrin:

A meal without wine is... well, erm, what is that like?

I like to research the important details where possible  :biggrin:

They were last time I was there and wearing very fetching matching outfits and shimmery glitter make up.

Enough details :biggrin: ?

S

Edited by Simon Majumdar (log)

Frankly Simon,

not nearly enough detail, I am afraid you leave me no choice but to see for myself.

I wonder if they have/need a visa??? :biggrin:

A meal without wine is... well, erm, what is that like?

• 4 months later...

Sadly the Lithuanian twins had moved on.

But a very good meal last night at MVH.

Excellent amuses of gravad lax on guacamole with wasabi mayo, dill & caviar, and a good cappucino of cep infused pumpkin soup, with gold dust.

I had the oysters, but regret not taking the pigeon in filo.

Good boar piccata, but also a sparkling seafood curry and rack of lamb with mint couscous, anis jus.

Wines represented excellent value (several around £25 all good including a snappily astringent sauvignon blanc, and a pleasing Givry).

A very accomplished chef with a mastery of non-standard spicing which transcends the annoying fusion habit of interjecting an alien flavour into a familiar dish. Often lemongrass.

Wilma squawks no more