• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Varmint's Pig Pickin'

Varmint

We will need some help on the pit crew, just to make sure everyone gets enough sleep.  The downside of such a position is that we really can't drink that much on Friday.  Although, that just might be a good thing, eh?

I do not understand this logic at all. Have you never heard of "Hair of the dog?"

We will need some help on the pit crew, just to make sure everyone gets enough sleep.  The downside of such a position is that we really can't drink that much on Friday.  Although, that just might be a good thing, eh?

I do not understand this logic at all. Have you never heard of "Hair of the dog?"

OK, that settles it -- you're on the pit crew, too!

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Mrs. Varmint is using this as an excuse to work around the yard.  She had her chainsaw out yesterday, and when she was finished with that, out came the pressure washer.  I give my wife power tools for gifts.  She gives me cooking stuff!

You two are too cool. :wub:

Should I roast some coffee beans for Saturday morning? Varmint, do you have a coffee grinder? I have an extra one I can bring.

I have a blade type grinder and a shitty burr grinder that I used to use for espresso, but it started leaking coffee grounds all over the place. It still works OK, I think, it's just too messy. I have a shitty drip pot as well, but it's good enough for me! Freshly roasted beans would be awesome -- I'm about out of the ones Fat Guy roasted for me for my birthday!! I'll provide the cream.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

All and sundry,

I'll be bringing equipment to set up a temporary Pig Pickin' wireless network, so if you were waffling over whether to bring your wi-fi laptop, wonder no more. We should be able to upload pictures of the pig straight from the pit. :raz:

Cheers,

Scott

I'm your only friend

I'm not your only friend

But I'm a little glowing friend

But really I'm not actually your friend

But I am

Please set up a broadcast, e.g using Yahoo messenger

Jackal has a good idea, but I don't have a webcam. Does an attendee have one to bring? I'll set it up on my laptop if needed...

I'm your only friend

I'm not your only friend

But I'm a little glowing friend

But really I'm not actually your friend

But I am

Varmint:

Regarding attire, does everyone have to wear the cheese heads, or would you prefer that we do not so as not to clash with yours?

Seeing that this is a NC, rather than Wisconsin, event, Cheese Heads will not be worn.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Guys:

I wanted you all to know that there is a chance Rachel and I might not make it to the Pig Pickin' this weekend, as my mother is in the hospital and we are going to decide whether or not we should leave based on her condition tomorrow. We were planning on leaving late this evening but we will likely leave tomorrow morning or early afternoon.

We'll keep you guys up to date.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I've been there very recently with my mother. My thoughts are with you.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Thanks guys. She's out of the danger zone today, as she had her emergency operation yesterday (they had to cut out an small infected part of her intestines), but she's under very close observation now. If its safe enough for us to leave tomorrow we will probably go, as my mom wants us to go down to High Point and get some new furniture. :wacko:

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Varmint - do we have directions from the motel to the Varmint residence?

(I don't really want to read this entire thread to check.)

Katie and I spoke last Friday; we're getting psyched!

See ya' Friday.

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.

Varmint - do we have directions from the motel to the Varmint residence?

(I don't really want to read this entire thread to check.)

Katie and I spoke last Friday; we're getting psyched!

See ya' Friday.

Charlie:

Great minds think alike again! I was hoping that Varmint would leave a sheet with directions, perhaps a small map and the home phone of Chez Varmint for those of us checking in at the hotel.

Bet you or Jaymes already have this covered, right? :wink:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol