• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PARAMUS GASTRONOMICAL WASTELAND

toddevan

toddevan is a bit vague, but there have been hints from he/she/it/them that Hackensack Thai food is in the equation, so it seems that ethnic food may in part be the answer. And Pizza.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

toddevan is a bit vague, but there have been hints from he/she/it/them that Hackensack Thai food is in the equation, so it seems that ethnic food may in part be the answer.  And Pizza.

i'm pretty sure i don't care what the answer is. the guy/girl/thing/etc doesn't seem to have very good taste, considering his/her/its/etc big picks in NJ are a pizza place, fink's, and a medicore vietnamese place on the upper west side of manhattan. and i don't think he/she/it/etc cares either. just here to make noise.

Edited by tommy (log)

Well if Wondees and Fink's are in the equation, its not all bad, tommy. And I'll be perfectly honest and admit that I've never been willing to wait an hour or two for a table at California Pizza Kitchen, so I can't with any honesty criticize the choice.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Well if Wondees and Fink's are in the equation, its not all bad, tommy.  And I'll be perfectly honest and admit that I've never been willing to wait an hour or two for a table at California Pizza Kitchen, so I can't with any honesty criticize the choice.

but that appears to be the *entire* equation. :blink:

and i read no reference to wondee's. :raz:

Edited by tommy (log)

I would never wait more than 5 minutes at Cal Pizza Kitchen. never have never will

to imply that I am willing to wait at a Pizza place I frequent a couple of times a year seems odd

you asked where if in the mall I might eat and I replied

I have been to this California place 2 times in the past year so to blast me for that

Basically I have been there a few times been in and out in an hour dropped down $20 bucks when shopping for the holidays.

Went to Legal once dropped much more dough and thought it was a cut above Red Lobster.

[so basically you're looking for inspired, imaginative yet inexpensive, clearly-above-average restaurants which are as worthy of a visit as California Pizza Kitchen]

yes it was when I was shopping for over 5 hours at GSP over the holidays.

[so basically you're looking for inspired, imaginative yet inexpensive, clearly-above-average restaurants which are as worthy of a visit as California Pizza Kitchen]

yes it was when I was shopping for over 5 hours at GSP over the holidays.

We need for you to find a mode other than attack/defend. How about something constructive like saying what you look for in a restaurant as far as price, cuisine, atmosphere, etc.? Telling us what you like about some place like Lotus Cafe and whichever Thai restaurant in Hackensack you frequent would be more helpful than telling us that you think Paramus is a gastronomical wasteland and Ridgewood is expensive and Montclair has a bad school system.

Paramus - I have to criticize but yes Montclair has many good choices

Lotus Cafe- above avg Chinese

been to China 46 obviously better but during week Lotus not bad

Ridgewood i hear mostly neg remarks from others including tommy but obviously some good choices

Montclair - did like Corso a lot

I do like WHole Foods a lot and go often

Ridgewood i hear mostly neg remarks from others including tommy but obviously some good choices

so you've never eaten at any restaurants in ridgewood, but you say "overpriced restaurants". ah. i see. i'll be following your posts closely, as you're clearly well-dined.

Rochelle Park ---South City Grill

Paramus --- Napa Valley Grille

The Best Kind of Wine is That Which is Most Pleasant to Him Who Drinks It. ---- Pliney The Elder

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,

Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. --- Homer

been to a few places in Ridgewood. why you would assume I have not

because you couched your post as if you haven't. try full sentences. some of us are getting bored with your game. go to www.nj.com/forums for some interesting discussion. "hellodolly" will probably understand your points.

Edited by tommy (log)