• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kids in the Kitchen

I, too, have enjoyed your columns and cookbooks. In fact, the birthday fairy will be giving Diana (age 12) "How to Cook Everything" for her birthday (she has requested cookbooks of late).

My kids are quite involved in the kitchen -- from ideas to grocery shopping to preparation.

How do your kids figure into your kitchen -- shopping, assistance in preparation, inspiration, etc? Do they ever cook for you?

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

My kids are older – now 25 and 18. my younger daughter and I cooked together every Tuesday for quite a while (she called it The Tuesday Night Café) but my older one was never that interested in cooking with me and I didn't push (after all, this was not my hobby but my work). Now she is a great cook, and does occasionally cook for me.