• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Han Ah Reum

Rachel Perlow

O, not all of them!  There's still lots of stuff in kanji, more in what might be Sanskrit, a few in what appears to be ancient Egyptian, and a great number in Engrish.

Kanji? You mean hangul don't you?

I seriously doubt any sign in a Korean store is going to be in Kanji. Kanji is Japanese.

--edit Also, hana reum means one armful or chestful. When someone picks up say an armful of firewood or something, that's hana reum.

It basically means as much as you can carry.

Bountiful is right, but maybe not precisely correct.

Edited by jschyun (log)

I love cold Dinty Moore beef stew. It is like dog food! And I am like a dog.

--NeroW

• 1 year later...
There is anouther branch nearby (on River ST in Little Ferry) that has been recently renovated that I like better than the the one in Ridgefield.

I'm going to Hanahreum tomorrow or the day after. Since both Little Ferry and Ridgefield are equally far from my place, which one should i visit?

I was at Ridgefield once and remember they had a wine store in that mall with some selection of asian spirits. How about Little Ferry? I'm trying to find some chinese wines for cooking, not the salted version available in asian groceries but the real thing.

Thank you.

The Little Ferry location has a liquor store dept to the right immediately upon entering. It is also adjacent (with shared access) to a Value City department store. However, as tomorrow is Sunday in Bergen County, the liquor store and Value City will both probably be closed, in both locations -- does anyone know if they honor or ignore the blue laws?

The Little Ferry location has a liquor store dept to the right immediately upon entering. It is also adjacent (with shared access) to a Value City department store. However, as tomorrow is Sunday in Bergen County, the liquor store and Value City will both probably be closed, in both locations -- does anyone know if they honor or ignore the blue laws?

i shop at Ridgefield store-the liquor store is usually open-

joanne

• 11 months later...

Some Han Ah Reum shots from today:

gallery_2_2268_14541.jpg

gallery_2_2268_7407.jpg

The Infamous Rice Cake Slammer

gallery_2_2268_67681.jpg

gallery_2_2268_83271.jpg

Delimanjoo!!!!!!

gallery_2_2268_61042.jpg

Yujacha Tea Sampling

gallery_2_2268_10966.jpg

gallery_2_2268_108167.jpg

Kimchi Land

gallery_2_2268_88339.jpg

gallery_2_2268_44122.jpg

The awe-inspiring seafood area

gallery_2_2268_31073.jpg

gallery_2_2268_40835.jpg

Produce

gallery_2_2268_85909.jpg

Aisles and Aisles of Asian goods

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

WOW! Now that is amazing... lol. I'm glad I made reservations for tom'w at Dim Sum Dynasty you're makin me VERY hungry for asian/oriental food-stuffs! :biggrin:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Jason am I missing something the Delimanjoo link takes me here Spanish in Newark should it have been this maybe Delimanjoo, A new Korean snacky cake import. Regardless they look tasty I will have to try them when I get back.

Edit: WTF I have been in ATL for less then a week and I type "they looks tasty" :raz:

Edited by M.X.Hassett (log)

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a Mitsuwa browsing expedition where I said to myself, for the hundredth time, "I wish there was a 'Mistsuwa: What the Hell is That Food?' class I could take."

So, I was poking around here to see if there's anything like that and came across this thread. I will definitely be checking out Han Ah Reum very soon. At least it sounds like I can sample some items there.

Still...is there anyone out there who wants to run an asian supermarket class? I'd be willing to pay for that, and I bet others would too.

Hmm...especially if part of it was buying ingredients and then going to cook something!