• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Cote Basque and ADNY

Jason Perlow

Has anyone heard any sad news about these two restaurants lately? I just heard from a very credible source that these two are in serious danger of closing, if not have already gone into shutdown mode.

*** NOTE THAT THIS IS PURELY A FORWARD-THINKING STATEMENT GIVEN THE CURRENT ANTI-FRENCH CLIMATE AND THE ACTUAL VERACITY OF THE RUMOR HAS NOT BEEN ASSESSED ***

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Define serious danger.

The James Beard Foundation reported that Pierre Herme was closing his shop on rue Bonaparte in Paris, but that seems to be false by latest reports. These are good times for bad rumors. Michael, I'm not taking your bet, but if you're selling tickets, that's another story. :biggrin:

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

I have several friends who are chefs at ADNY and they have not mentioned such news, but, I will ask,,,,,,,,also, AD's new place is scheduled to open in september.

"Is there anything here that wasn't brutally slaughtered" Lisa Simpson at a BBQ

"I think that the veal might have died from lonliness"

Homer

I had dinner at ADNY on Saturday and asked the waiter after our meal whether they had any plans of closing. For what it's worth, his cryptic and confusing response was, "we're not going anywhere but we may be moving." He mentioned also that Ducasse's new, more casual restaurant nearby (Mix?) was on schedule and that Ducasse was seriously considering opening Spoon in Las Vegas.

So, unfortunately, this information sheds no light on ADNY's status (staying open, moving, having only the new restaurant in NY???) but I certainly hope they don't close because we had another fantastic meal there.

Andrew

He mentioned also that Ducasse's new, more casual restaurant nearby (Mix?) was on schedule

You mean it has been open since January? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)