• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

19 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Have you tasted any of these, liuzhou? If so, how are they?

Unfortunately, yes. Only one. The classic bacon one. I did manage to persuade them that I really, really didn't want corn on it. I should have asked for no pizza on it, too. It was horrible.

They cook them one at a time on one of those stupid, small conveyer belt ovens which are nowhere near hot enough. THe base is more like sponge cake than like pizza crust. The "cheese' was processed gloop and the topping wasn't any form of bacon I've ever seen before or since.

Years ago, we had an excellent pizza place in town. Best pizzas I've eaten outside of Italy. No one went but me! So, of course, they didn't last long. Weeks after it closed, Pizza Huit opened its first store and the locals were lining up along the street, waiting up to two hours to get in for their foul imaginings of Italian food. I wanted to weep.

In the last couple of years, there has been an explosion in pizza places, but I'm sure no one who works in them has ever seen or eaten a real pizza. They've just seen pictures and decided that what the pictures lack is some CORN!

liuzhou

liuzhou

10 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Have you tasted any of these, liuzhou? If so, how are they?

Unfortunately, yes. Only one. The classic bacon one. I did manage to persuade them that I really, really didn't want corn on it. I should have asked for no pizza on it, too. It was horrible.

They cook them one at a time on one of those stupid, small conveyer belt ovens which are nowhere near hot enough. THe base is more like sponge cake than like pizza crust. The "cheese' was processed gloop and the topping wasn't any form of bacon I've ever seen before or since.

Years ago, we had an excellent pizza place in town. Best pizzas I've eaten outside of Italy. No one went but me! So, of course, they didn't last long. Weeks after it closed, Pizza Huit opened its first store and the locals were lining up down the street waiting up to two hours to get in for their foul imaginings of Italian food. I wanted to weep.

In the last couple of years, there has been an explosion in pizza places, but I'm sure no one who works in them has ever seen or eaten a real pizza. They've just seen pictures and decided that what the pictures lack is some CORN!