• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Argentina

Im wondering if anybody here tried out Ateliere.... curious to hear your opinions on your dining experience.

You mean the one in Martinez? I ate there in my last trip to BA, my overall impression was that it wasn't bad, with some apetizers being quite good (frog legs were excellent), but it didn't blow my mind, the entrees not memorable at all. For the price tag, maybe other options are better.

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.

You mean the one in Martinez? I ate there in my last trip to BA, my overall impression was that it wasn't bad, with some apetizers being quite good (frog legs were excellent), but it didn't blow my mind, the entrees not memorable at all. For the price tag, maybe other options are better.

Hello SD-- Yes, I mean the one in La Lucila (Martinez). Im surprised to hear you had less than optimal entrees. Would you care to elaborate? Also, if you care to post which options are better I would greatly appreciate it - Im always looking to find new places.

Visit Argentina and try wines from the RIGHT side of the Andes !!!

www.terroir.com.ar

Hello SD-- Yes, I mean the one in La Lucila (Martinez). Im surprised to hear you had less than optimal entrees. Would you care to elaborate? Also, if you care to post which options are better I would greatly appreciate it - Im always looking to find new places.

We had both the pork and the lamb (and maybe something else, which escapes me now... duck maybe?). Both dishes were just ordinary, underseasoned and definitely not up to par with the apetizers we'd just had (I just remembered another one of the apetizers were the sweetbreads, which were fantastic as well). The wine list was quite good too if I'm not mistaken.

Other options: Nectarine for similar cuisine, Sudestada for something completely different.

edited for spelling.

Edited by Silly Disciple (log)

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.

Actually WOF grilled provolone makes me think of its Italian (whn not)origin as

caciocavallo all'argentera anyway even the Greeks have their own version let alone the Chipriots have haloumi prepared almost in the same way

Though I must confess I always enjoy my piece of provoletta a la parilla

I sometimes do it here whenever I meet with other Argentineans expats

SD-- Im a big fan of Nectarine and go there quite often. I agree its the reference for French fare in Buenos Aires, although its in a different price league as Atelier. I have to say that Ive never had anything but a great experience at Atelier, perhaps Ive just been very fortunate. I do know all the staff and go there often so I guess that helps my overall experience.

www.terroir.com.ar

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I'd like to get real peoples advice on the weather situation in Buenos Aires in September.

I found charts with middel temperature and so forth, but it doesn't really tell you what to expect.

We are considering Argentina for a 3 week trip, and would very much appreciate any advice.

Weather first.

Later food.

:huh:

Jakob

Expect Spring weather, similar to what any other large coastal city will offer that time of year.

www.terroir.com.ar