• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brasserie Holder

Rex

wow, an oldie but goodie topic.

I was in the neighbourhood earlier tonight after an halloween 5-à-8 ( at a nice new-ish resto/lounge/bar l'appartement corner mcgill and william, but only for drinks ).

I first walked and wanted to go to Boris, but I was in front on Holder and since I never been there, why not try it out.

I like the space, both on the sitting side and on the bar side.

I sat at the bar, not many people there, but enough people in the restaurant to make it livelly.

for the food, I went for a real traditional meal, bavette de veau and frittes, they were both nice, well cooked ( as in quality, not quantity ) and a chocolat profiteroles for desser; they were good.

I'm not often in the neighbourhood, but if I was, I would go there in the winter, and at Boris in the summer.

wow, an oldie but goodie topic.

I was in the neighbourhood  earlier tonight after an halloween 5-à-8 ( at a nice new-ish resto/lounge/bar l'appartement corner mcgill and william, but only for drinks ).

I first walked and wanted to go to Boris, but I was in front on Holder and since I never been there, why not try it out.

I like the space, both on the sitting side and on the bar side.

I sat at the bar, not many people there, but enough people in the restaurant to make it livelly.

for the food, I went for a real traditional meal, bavette de veau and frittes, they were both nice, well cooked ( as in quality, not quantity ) and a chocolat profiteroles for desser; they were good.

I'm not often in the neighbourhood, but if I was, I would go there in the winter, and at Boris in the summer.

I had the steak tartare last week and it was a total disappointment. No seasoning, no capers, no mustard, no nothing.

I'll have the veal next time.