• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Minister of Rum Featured in May issue of Sail

joynme

hi folks

I'm Joy, the webmaster for the MinistryOfRum website.

There is a 3 page article on Ed Hamilton and the Ministry of Rum and his new boat, the Triton, featured on page 53 of the May issue of Sail magazine.

Pictured are Ed, his boat and a unique rum he has in his collection. Article relates more on Ed and his story, and his quest for researching the world of rum. Either sneak a peak at your favorite newsstand or buy an issue .. at any rate, Enjoy!

Joy Lewis

Joy Lewis. . . Web Master - Emeritas and Friend to the Ministry of Rum Website

• 2 weeks later...

I was more than a little surprised that Sail got the details right on this one. I hope to do a reprint on my site in the future. There will be another article in Cruising World in a few months. Cheers, the research continues.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Ed:

As a sailor (Beneteau 381) and a big fan of Rum (Bacardi 151)(just kiddin'), I am now a big fan of yours.

I will now go find my copies of SAIL Magazine and find your article.

Splice the main brace,

Pierre Normand

S/V Regulus

Kemah, Texas

Ed...how absolutely smashing! Congratulations.

eGullet doesn't simply enlarge the tummy and spread the butt...it encourages a little sail into other waters. I'll be checking out the magazine section at Border's as soon as possible.

Great going.

And Pierre and Joynme, welcome!

Edited by maggiethecat (log)

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

• 2 weeks later...

ed,

as an owner of a signed copy of your book, purchased at foxy's when on spring break visiting my parents(who are cruisers as well) i congratulate you on the article. good luck and keep writing...us 21yr olds need all the info we can to show off for our friends :biggrin:

casey fannin

s/v zephyrus kemah tx

s/v bliss austin tx