• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The next DC eGullet gathering

Penelope rules!  I have three of her books.

Which ones? Tapas because we've talked about it, but what else?

We'd have to coordinate recipes. I want to make the squid braised in beer again, and maybe something fried at the last minute. Definitely tortilla, gambas en ajillo, marinated olives...

Where's Malawry? She'd be in too.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

I'm here! Can't plan it myself but would love to attend if it's not on a work night. (Saturdays are always out for me for this reason, but other nights can work.)

I would gladly contribute one or two dishes. Perhaps I could get my esteemed partner Erin and the talented Edemuth to come as well.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, so maybe a Sunday afternoon/evening?  June 1st perhaps?  Erin and Edemuth are more than welcome to join us.

Count me in... although I'll be out-of-pocket for most of the rest of May, so I probably won't be able to help coordinate dishes. For that reason, and because I will be in full-bore studying mode for the LSAT, I would like to request that I bring something simple or something that can be purchased, since I won't have a lot of time to cook. I hope that's OK!

I'll check this thread when I get back, so just post what you need me to bring and I'll take care of it. Does that work?

Heather, thanks for the invite!

Erin

Perhaps we should find out when Awbrig is coming to town and reschedule this for that time? What do you think?

Awbrig, we are in the 'burbs, but getting you here shouldn't be a problem - we also have a babyproofed house. :smile:

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Heather!

Here's a vote for rescheduling when Awbrig will be here (assuming, of course, he's up for it)... then I will actually have time to COOK something to contribute! Yay!

Erin

OK, do you have a free evening? I saw your post about staying in Northern VA - are you staying with friends or in a hotel? We have the weekend of 6/28-29 available for planning. Or we could do a weeknight thing if that's the way it shakes out.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Where's the party going down? I'd love to join and contribute....tapas yummy for me tummy...might even be able to host it if the ball n chain is down$%^!@#$%

Edited by ledervin (log)

Well don't just stand there......get some glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind if I tag along? (possibly also the spouse, although not sure about his training schedule at the moment)

--Hannah

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

• 2 weeks later...