• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buzz food

Kim WB

Have you met my ex?

:laugh::laugh:

No, but have you met mine?

Friday was a marathon session with a few friends . . .

You might consider editing that. :blink:

No way. I've got a reputation, damnit, and I hate to disappoint.

OK, fine: Friday was a marathon DRINKING session with a few friends.

Actually zilla, I left the burning up to one of my classmates, and he didn't disappoint. So much for them leftover steaks.

Noise is music. All else is food.

• 1 month later...
White Castle.

Oooh...the one at Lake and Nicollet in Minneapolis. If you show up after bar call time, they always give you one less slider than you order. When you go back to complain, they holler "you're drunk and can't count."

Ha! Ha, ha!

I just now read this. "You're drunk and can't count!"

That's great.

• 4 weeks later...

Fritz Brenner and I have some friends who are the proud inventors of the Bologna Bowl.

1). Get piece of bologna.

2). Put pre-shredded cheese in center of bologna.

3). Microwave.

The edges of the bologna curl up, like a little bowl.

• Like 1

whilst i usually find myself at denny's ordering "fabulous french toast" at 4am, the odd times that i have found myself at home unsupervised, i tend to fall back on sandwiches of various types....

1. pre-sliced pepperoni and cream cheese on toast

2. pataks garlic pickle and peanut butter

oh i also like makin in the tube biscuits and eating it with bacon and alaga syrup

or oatmeal with bacon crumbles, sugar and cinnamon.

i definitely seem to have a sweet/salty thing going.

strange.

whilst i usually find myself at denny's ordering "fabulous french toast" at 4am,

The other night after lotsa drinking we went to Denny's. My friend kept asking the waitress for more rum in her coke.

Thankfully, she doesn't remember this.

P.S. Bologna Bowls. Word.

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

The other night after lotsa drinking we went to Denny's.  My friend kept asking the waitress for more rum in her coke. 

P.S. Bologna Bowls.  Word.

you think that's bad...i had a nice tour of denny's bathrooms the other night whilst babysitting one very "sick" friend. they are quite clean. it's no wonder to me that the night-shift waitstaff are all so bitter tho.

whilst i usually find myself at denny's ordering "fabulous french toast" at 4am,

The other night after lotsa drinking we went to Denny's. My friend kept asking the waitress for more rum in her coke.

P.S. Bologna Bowls. Word.

Who'd you go to Denny's with?

:shock:

• 12 years later...

Chocolate pudding, because Wife and daughter made it earlier.  +Golden Grahams, because texture.  +Mini Marshmallows, because smores.  Could be worse!

Edited by donk79 (log)