• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Downingtown Wegman's Opening Sunday

Holly Moore

Vaz--have you ever been to another branch of Wegmans? I went to Bridgewater a few weeks ago and felt it was just a small step behind the Princeton store in overall quality and effort--but that was just a gut feeling and just based on one shopping trip. The Bridgewater versions of Herme's desserts were sloppy, there didn't seem to be the buzz that I feel in Princeton. I wondered if it could be shoppers in Bridgewater were less enthusiastic than shoppers in Princeton. I agree with you about that wine annex in Bridgewater--we wandered in there and were impressed, finding some depth in South American wines and a selection of 7 or 8 good gruner veltliners. Prices are set across the state but the selection at this store was deep and in some categories interesting. We came home with about a dozen bottles.

Steve Klc

Pastry chef-Restaurant Consultant

Oyamel : Zaytinya : Cafe Atlantico : Jaleo

chef@pastryarts.com

• 1 month later...

I just came across this piece while searching on Wegmans:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/entertain...ols/5809442.htm

and wondered what the good word is on this store? It's been open 3 months, how has it been doing--are you happy? Has it re-energized your shopping?

Steve Klc

Pastry chef-Restaurant Consultant

Oyamel : Zaytinya : Cafe Atlantico : Jaleo

chef@pastryarts.com

• 3 years later...

OK, may not be the best thread for this, but the Downingtown Wegmans has started serving Gelato and Sorbet at the coffee bar.

I tasted a few which were pretty good (not sublime as Capagiros, but pretty strong). I got a small cup of mango sorbet, which tasted like it had Alphonso mangoes (or pulp) in it.