• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Zola

vengroff

Hmmmm.  Lamb 3 ways.  Where have I seen that before?

_______ Three Ways (insert lamb, pork, brussels sprouts, orangutan, etc.) is qucikly becoming one of those menu standards (cliches?) like mini-burgers, foie gras finger sandwiches and a new addition to the list - hot chocolate with house-made marshmallows.

Fortunately, I haven't tired of any of them - except the foie which I never really liked anyway.

Who will be the first to embrace the twelve way format?

I'll settle for a six-pack.

Does anyone have recommendations for a nearby restaurant? I'll be going to the spy museum early on a Sat., and from the website, it appears that Zola doesn't open until dinner on Sat.'s.

Thanks.

Lunch on Saturdays in the downtown region is a tough one because many of the usual suspects are closed. There is the DC Chop House, Jaleo, the Ventworm Nut place, Poste might be a good choice. I don't know if any of these places are open on Saturday, but since Poste is in a hotel, the odds are better.

Edited by mnebergall (log)

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I wasn't thinking when I ordered tickets to the museum, and afterwards, well it was too late. I really wanted to match the museum with Zola. But, alas, I'll have to try it for dinner another time instead!!

Does anyone have recommendations for a nearby restaurant? I'll be going to the spy museum early on a Sat., and from the website, it appears that Zola doesn't open until dinner on Sat.'s.

Thanks.

Matchbox

there's a whole thread somewhere.

Jaleo'sJ good too.