• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The UK Menu Game (2003)

Hi there, I am now around afterall and I was decorating at the weekend actually- worse luck. Saving myself and my current account for this Thursday and Friday at the Fat Duck

Charlene, pointed out that this one may be a tad difficult, so a quick clue.

Its not in London.

Is it the contents of Peter Pumkino?

surely the dessert would be 'Waffle served with lots of cheese'

I would never eat in an Italian restaurant in London that has POLENTA FRITTA WITH DOLCELATTE, ARTICHOKES AND PANCETTA on the menu!!

I mean, the Italians would laugh for days if they saw that in a restaurant! Polenta is only served in rustic restaurants in the mountains. Come on!!!!! That's for Brit poseurs only - you know who you are! :biggrin:

And I love cheese - can't stand waffle.

Is it the contents of Peter Pumkino?

surely the dessert would be 'Waffle served with lots of cheese'

I would never eat in an Italian restaurant in London that has POLENTA FRITTA WITH DOLCELATTE, ARTICHOKES AND PANCETTA on the menu!!

I mean, the Italians would laugh for days if they saw that in a restaurant! Polenta is only served in rustic restaurants in the mountains. Come on!!!!! That's for Brit poseurs only - you know who you are! :biggrin:

And I love cheese - can't stand waffle.

OK, now Peter has made sure he's mentioned again, back to the game

Another clue. For location think Buffy

S

I mean, the Italians would laugh for days if they saw that in a restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Polenta is only served in rustic restaurants in the mountains. Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's for Brit poseurs only - you know who you are! :biggrin:

Rubbish. I had it in two of the best restaurants in Venice last week.

I am only able to type this reply because I'm checking the board less often these days so I know won't get dragged into another 'debate' on 'real' 'Italian' 'food'.

Edited by Kikujiro (log)

Over to the brassy bottle blonde essex girl

anyone know what Heston has done with the rest of the liquid nitrogen...?

---------------------------------------------------

Smoked eel and creamed horseradish

Cornish Cock Crab

Bread and Butter Pudding with Orange Custard

---------------------------------------------------