• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BYOG In NJ Restaurants?

Rosie

Yes.

Sometimes, at the end of the evening.

Sometimes. Depends on how many. If we bring a bunch, we usually let them.

Jake Parrott

Ledroit Brands, LLC

Bringing new and rare spirits to Washington DC.

Lately i've started to bring my own glasses more and more. Most places offer to rinse my glasses. I recently purchased a plastic 6 compartment carrier that holds bottles and glasses. Its made by Rubbermaid and looks like the carriers the milkman used to use when they delivered. BTW its $4.99 at Carrados Wine and Beer making store in Clifton.

Edited by Double 0 (log)

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

Lately i've started to bring my own glasses more and more. Most places offer to rinse my glasses. I recently purchased a plastic 6 compartment carrier that holds bottles and glasses. Its made by Rubbermaid and looks like the carriers the milkman use to use when they delivered. BTW its $4.99 at Carrados Wine and Beer making store in Clifton.

That carrier sounds great. I wish I had known about it before I bought my cloth Reidel carrying case which only holds four glasses.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Rosie

Even though my glasses are not super expensive I rinse them at the table with water and wash them at home.

But, I let the restaurant wash the decanter.

The Best Kind of Wine is That Which is Most Pleasant to Him Who Drinks It. ---- Pliney The Elder

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,

Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. --- Homer