• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Enjoy New!

torakris

I tried grilled chicken sandwitch

It tastes like Tan-shio because of its light taste and a hint of lemon flavor.

I tried the grilled chicken sandwich, too. I thought the meat texture was a little weird (not a big surprise, being McDonald's), but the flavor wasn't bad. It was a bit peppery, though, and the pepper flavor lasted 5-10 minutes after I was finished eating.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried grilled chicken sandwitch

It tastes like Tan-shio because of its light taste and a hint of lemon flavor.

I tried the grilled chicken sandwich, too. I thought the meat texture was a little weird (not a big surprise, being McDonald's), but the flavor wasn't bad. It was a bit peppery, though, and the pepper flavor lasted 5-10 minutes after I was finished eating.

cheeseandcheese,

I don't know how I missed this...

Welcome to eGullet and the Japan Forum!

I finally tried the chicken sandwich yesterday, it was quite nice and I enjoyed the light lemony flavor. It may have been better if it didn't take almost 30 minutes for my husband to get home after buying it. :sad: I had a coupon for the sandwich and the mixed berry yogurt set. The yogurt was a nice alternative to french fries.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

• 2 months later...

While I was in the US, McDonald's came out with a new sandwich...

Pita Mac Tandoori Chicken

I saw it on their homepage last week and printed out the coupon but when I went to go look today there was nothing about it. The above link I found by going through their news release.... My coupon is good through 8/24 so I wonder what happened?

They also have a new Fruit-Curry sauce flavor for their chicken nugget and a shake with acerola.

has anyone tried the pitamac yet? I have 3 students that work at Mcdonalds and they tell me about the new items but I haven't asked them about the pitamac yet.

On a side note:

The employees at Makku have to try the new menu items at least once so they can inform customers about them.

One of my students is a manager and one of her responsibilities is to formally apologize for service errors at her restaurant. This is often done by visiting a customer's home. For example: if a customer did not receive sauce with her nuggets the manager will visit her at home and present the customer with new nuggets (with sauce) free of charge.

I did try the pita mac a couple days ago and it wasn't half bad. The tandoori sauce was just like this bottled one I used to buy and they their yogurt sauce went well with it. What I didn't care for was the texture of the chicken...

I would try it again but only because I want to try the version with tomato as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
The pitamac looks interesting. It is weird seeing lotus root in a burger. Btw,What are the flavours for the croquette burgers?

All I can find is that it is a shrimp and macaroni gratin burger with a special sauce, with or with out cheese.

• 1 month later...

It seems for a while now Mac has been introducing "healthy" foods, the ebi-fileo (shrimp) burger followed by the salads, now they have done a 360 with their latest stuff.

the mega mac (a big mac with twice the beef)

McGriddles (fat and calorie laden breakfast sandwich)

:sad:

Kris?

Comparing that Mega Mac with the calories in a Wendys triple with cheese (1247 cals) I can literally feel my arteries hardening...

McGriddles have been here for about 4 yrs now. And the bread portion is baked not fried.

This is (I HOPE) a humorous parody of all these types of food combos, enjoy:

http://www.thegiantnapkin.com/dominoslaunch.htm

Edited by GlorifiedRice (log)

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

Kris?

Comparing that Mega Mac with the calories in a Wendys triple with cheese (1247 cals) I can literally feel my arteries hardening...

McGriddles have been here for about 4 yrs now. And the bread portion is baked not fried.

I think the closest thing to the Mega Mac here would be the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese. I've accidentally ended up with the DQPC a couple of times when they changed the numbering on the value meals here.

The only difference I can see between the US McGriddles and the ones in Japan is that here in the US, they use scrambled eggs rather than those fried egg hockey puck looking things.

Cheryl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

McDonald's here in Japan seems to be going all out and moving as far away from "healthy" foods as possible. Along with the Mega Teriyaki and Mega Mac that seem to be doing quite well they introduced today a new salad. Shrimp fritter salad with a California Cobb dressing, with a dollop of mayo laden pasta salad in the middle?

Their new kiwi yogurt does look refreshing however and there is also a new mango pie.

It has been quite a while since I have ventured into a McDonald's.

It has been quite a while since I have ventured into a McDonald's.

I ht McD's pretty frequently on my commute because of their deal with Yahoo BroadBand where I can hook into their WiFi with my lappy and clear out my mail. I also like their chicken salads, though for new arrivals, the dressing packets squeeze out through the middle of the hard side of the packet. Learned that the hard way an had a wet shirt for most of an afternoon!

• 2 months later...
Has anybody in and around the Metropolitan area been to McCafe?

I am going to be in Ebisu tomorrow and I was thinking of checking the one there out if I found myself with time to kill.

This shows their drink menu, click on the other menu items on the left to see the offerings. I have to admit the food choices don't look really appetizing but I am curious to how much they will be charging for the coffee.

• 3 months later...

Now for a limited time only! The tamago (egg) megmac and tomato megamac

Don't waste your time or money...

I love tomato on burgers and lots of lettuce too but this was bad (not that I was expecting something great :hmmm: ). The pepper sauce was so strong I couldn't taste anything else and the tomato was sliced so thin I actually had to check to see if a slice was really there.

They must be selling pretty well though as I have never seen Mcdonald's that crowded. I also am not sure if it was just that McDonald's or not but they had a sign up saying they were no longer selling the salads. They are still listed on the homepage though.

• 8 months later...

I can't believe no one has posted here for 8 months! :shock::biggrin:

I am just back in Japan after spending most of the summer in the US and was disappointed to see that the milk tea McFlurry is gone. It has been replaced by a blueberry version. That milk tea one (and the matcha-green tea one as well) was really good. I am not a fan of oreos and at first thought that it was an odd combination but it really worked. I am going to miss that milk tea McFlurry.....

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, excellent. Just when I was sternly telling myself to avoid McDonalds, post-holiday-excesses, they come out with a - how would you translate that? A Full- Moon burger? I want to try it, but I must admit the flaccid bacon in the picture will help put me off.

It appears from the picture and the characters beneath each sandwich that they are offering 3 variations ... but I can see that the middle one is a double, and can't tell the difference between the wingers?

Are these three different sandwiches?