• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where Can I Buy Pistachio Paste?

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with pistachio paste. Is it something you'd use for a dessert, like almond paste (for marzipan)? or for a savoury - if the latter, sounds like something that might be available in a Middle Eastern or North African grocer.

The people at Books for Cooks in Notting Hill seem to know where to buy almost anything, their phone number is 7221 1992.

we are planning to make peche haberlien from the Auberge De L'ill restaurant in france. It comes with Pistachio Ice cream, having checked out a few recipe books they seem to use pistachio paste.

We have tried to make our own paste but it has no depth of flavour, thus why on the hunt for this hard to find product.

thanks for you help so far

x

having received an ice cream maker as a christmas gift, ice cream is now my new favourite thing to make. I will look at home in my various ice cream books to what they use in their pistachio ice cream - also you might want to look a this following website, which has a whole section on ice cream and is very interesting and useful in general.

It's called A La Carte - I don't know how to link it, sorry.

http://www.hertzmann.com/index.php