• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Four-Star Chefs/Buffet Masters

Fire those chapters at me, C/W -- I'd be pleased to take a look at 'em!  And you needn't feel like a whore, ya' know; we've all been there/done that.

I met my darling Madam X :wub: when she was an English Grad student. I'll have to say her skills in the kitchen are eclipsed by her abilities as an editor. That's not just my opinion either! When she talks about writing she knows of what she speaks.

Soc.

Fire those chapters at me, C/W -- I'd be pleased to take a look at 'em!  And you needn't feel like a whore, ya' know; we've all been there/done that.

Is this something I need to know about? :unsure:

Send me your email address via PM and I'll send it on. I appreciate all of this free editing and advice.

I met my darling Madam X  :wub: when she was an English Grad student. I'll have to say her skills in the kitchen are eclipsed by her abilities as an editor.  That's not just my opinion either! When she talks about writing she knows of what she speaks.

Soc.

:blush::blush::blush:

Socrates is the Master of Hyperbole . . .

Why don't you try trailing at a bunch of restaurants that belong to your idols, and see what it's like. Stay a week at each, get yelled at, work 16 hours a day, and then ask one of the line cooks how much money they make.

See if you like it. There is something said to being happy. Save up some cash, trail around and see what happens.