• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The House

Clerkenwellian, can you confirm or deny that Simon was present the night in 'The House' on the night that you first passed?

Having met the otherwise estimable Mr Majumdar, I see little in his outward apperence that screams either 'monied-looking' or 30 something'.

He does like a good 'DJ-driven dance beat' though.

Cheers

Thom

It's all true... I admit to being the MD of Holden Media, organisers of the Northern Restaurant and Bar exhibition, the Northern Hospitality Awards and other Northern based events too numerous to mention.

I don't post here as frequently as I once did, but to hear me regularly rambling on about bollocks - much of it food and restaurant-related - in a bite-size fashion then add me on twitter as "thomhetheringto".

Clerkenwellian, can you confirm or deny that Simon was present the night in 'The House' on the night that you first passed?

Having met the otherwise estimable Mr Majumdar, I see little in his outward apperence that screams either 'monied-looking' or 30 something'.

He does like a good 'DJ-driven dance beat' though.

Cheers

Thom

Ah Thom, money doesn't look like money you should know that.

Now do something useful and post a link to the other thread as I have no idea how such a feat is achieved

S

Oh come on; I struggle with 'quotes' and have an aversion to emoticons. I am not the man to start scattering inter-thread links around willy-nilly.

Also, living as I do in a ex-satanic mill in the impoverished slum that is Manchester, I have only nearby Cheshire as an example of what 'money' looks like.

From what I can see it looks exactly like money, but more so. With extra diamonds, expensive hair, and all semblance of taste or aesthetic appreciation surgically removed.

Cheers

Thom

It's all true... I admit to being the MD of Holden Media, organisers of the Northern Restaurant and Bar exhibition, the Northern Hospitality Awards and other Northern based events too numerous to mention.

I don't post here as frequently as I once did, but to hear me regularly rambling on about bollocks - much of it food and restaurant-related - in a bite-size fashion then add me on twitter as "thomhetheringto".