• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch in/near Paramus on Monday

dbrociner

I have a 3 PM meeting with my accountant on Monday and would like opinions on where I should go to have lunch in the Paramus area. I will be alone if that makes a difference in your reccomendations. And while I need to stay relatively sober, I do have to finally face the music about my taxes so a couple of drinks might be in order :smile:

For a very interesting meal, I would go to Joel's Malibu Kitchen on Oak Street in Ridgewood (Next town to Paramus). A quirky, fun place with Joel right there to cook his great creative dishes. This is a BYOB, though.

If you need a place with a liquor license, they are mostly "joints" around here. The best of them is Brassies, on Paramus Road, for a burger and a beer.

pick up 2 beers and go to Fink's in river edge.

legal seafood in the mall for oysters and sancerre at the bar.

check if Joel's Malibu is open. many restaurants in Ridgewood are closed on mondays.

Brooklyn's Pizza in Hackensack, right off of 4, or in Ridgewood. hackensack has wine and beer, ridgewood does not.

David,

Go straight to Rt 80 West to Rt 287 south for 2 miles to Rt 10 west.

Travel on Rt 10 7 1/2 miles to An American Grill

Sit at the bar and have a cocktail.

If so inclined look at the specials and eat with Lou.

If not listen to Nick and eat at Napa Valley Grill

Lou

Edited by Lreda (log)

Lou, if I drink enough at the bar will you do my taxes? I need a very creative accountant this year.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I will report back tomorrow.

Rachel, anything worth doing is worth waiting till the last minute to do. This philosophy drives my wife to the brink of sanity. :biggrin:

Lou, if I drink enough at the bar will you do my taxes? I need a very creative accountant this year.

Perhaps you could claim Lou's bartender as your dependent if you spend enough money there?

Might be worth a try...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo