• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

If you could have Dinner with any One Person

awbrig

my mom - almost 13 years and i still miss her.

OR

sara moulton - was going to say tyler florence but he would BE dessert

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Wow - what a great thread! Such intellegent and well thought out answers and such a vast array of contemporary and historical figures. I'd have to agree with many of the suggestions thus far. Jefferson would be quite an interesting dinner companion, and being a Philadelphian, I'd have to include Benjamin Franklin as raconteur and interesting dinner companion as well. Moses would be up there for biblical/spiritual company. Being a dinner guest of the Medicis could have been quite educational. I'd love to have dinner with Bono if I had to pick a rock star. A true humanitarian. Oprah would be a top choice for contemporary women that I admire. And I'd love to have a one-on-one dinner/wine tasting with Andrea Immer. I recently had the pleasure of chatting with her after a dinner she hosted in Philadelphia and really enjoyed myself. But I'd want to pick her brain a little bit more about getting ahead in the beverage industry when it tends to be misogynistic in certain (not all) places.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Winona Ryder is also in the running.

Excellent choice -

Especially if one needs to add to one's inventory of silverware.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

I think I know who Simon means by the Don.

Probably Don King

Wrong, but wilf is right, Sir Donald Bradman. The greatest cricketer in the history of the sport. Think Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth rolled into one and then given some table manners

Winona is a great choice but I would skip dinner!!!

S

Edited by Simon Majumdar (log)

I think I know who Simon means by the Don.

Probably Don King

Wrong, but wilf is right, Sir Donald Bradman. The greatest cricketer in the history of the sport. Think Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth rolled into one and then given some table manners

Winona is a great choice but I would skip dinner!!!

S

I was trying to be ironic, But I need more practice. Back to smiley training wheels.

Nick