• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suggestions for Cream Sauce

awbrig

So, what did I do?

1 3/4 Cups Cream

4 tbls Plugra butter

Sauteed Shallots

A liitle bit of Chardonnay

Jean Georges Four Star Curry Blend

White pepper, Coarse Sea Salt

Simmered for quite a bit...

This went over Ravioli stuffed with lobster, Scallops and Shrimp. Topped with freshly chopped parsley.

It was awesome... :smile:

Thanks for all the tips!

Edited by awbrig (log)

Do you guys strain a beurre blanc, or do you let the shallots hang out in their rustic glory?

For me, it depends on the food and the occasion. For rattlesnake, for instance, I think it's a little precious to strain the shallots. If the bishop is coming over and you're having the sauce on pike, you should.

Views?

Do you guys strain a beurre blanc, or do you let the shallots hang out in their rustic glory?

For me, it depends on the food and the occasion.  For rattlesnake, for instance, I think it's a little precious to strain the shallots.  If the bishop is coming over and you're having the sauce on pike, you should.

Views?

For this sauce they get st rained out with the herbs but generally I like to leave the shallots in the sauce as long as they're cut in some sort of presentable geometric shape. Like if they were ground up in the processors--besides being too watery--would definitely get strained out.

So, what did I do?

1 3/4 Cups Cream

4 tbls Plugra butter

Sauteed Shallots

This went over Ravioli stuffed with lobster, Scallops and Shrimp.  Topped with freshly chopped parsley.

Thanks for all the tips!

Awbrig--

Who made the ravioli?

Noise is music. All else is food.

For me, it depends on the food and the occasion.  For rattlesnake, for instance, I think it's a little precious to strain the shallots.  If the bishop is coming over and you're having the sauce on pike, you should.

Views?

Count me in as a strainer of beurre blanc when His Eminence comes to dine; otherwise, I'm perfectly content to be a non-strainer.

And let me add my recommendation of Chef/Writer Spencer's "The Importance of the French Laundry" piece. Worth reading, that . . .

Here is a recipe for Cream Sauce for Lobster.

Awbrig, you're offically in the archive! :biggrin: (I'm everywhere folks.) Put your recipes in the archives and post the link in the thread! :rolleyes:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

So, what did I do?

1 3/4 Cups Cream

4 tbls Plugra butter

Sauteed Shallots

This went over Ravioli stuffed with lobster, Scallops and Shrimp.  Topped with freshly chopped parsley.

Thanks for all the tips!

Awbrig--

Who made the ravioli?

From whence came they?

Noise is music. All else is food.

Views?

Count me in as a strainer of beurre blanc when His Eminence comes to dine; otherwise, I'm perfectly content to be a non-strainer.

And let me add my recommendation of Chef/Writer Spencer's "The Importance of the French Laundry" piece. Worth reading, that . . .

the check's in the mail. thanks.

Edited by Chef/Writer Spencer (log)

If I knew it was going to be published I would have provided better instructions for you! :smile:  And pictures! :smile:

Nexx time you make it, take a picture and upload it to the recipe :biggrin:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.