• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Most popular food in your area?

emhahn

Down here, there's really no contest.

In fact, we even have what we call "Texas vegetarians."

They are people that eat no meat, but make an exception for TexMex & BBQ.

:laugh:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Where are you at on northern Lake Mich? My folks live near Elk Rapids.... I'd have to say cherries are the favorite food in their area, with whitefish and morels in hot pursuit...

I, however, live in New Orleans. So much good food that I single out one that wouldn't draw an argument from a lot of people. But crawfish is probably the safest bet . . .

New Jersey: Porkroll

Jersey tomatos

boardwalk food

Pizza

Sweet Corn

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Cornwall UK...pasties...thousand of em,,,run for your life :shock:

That make for 1000 barely covered nipples? :shock:

Edited by =Mark (log)

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

This side of "The Hill" (Highway 17 through the Santa Cruz mountains), it's mashed yeast, tofu, wheat grass juice, and banana slugs. The other side (Silicon Valley): Mexican, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Indian, Californian, fusion, Korean, Ethiopian, some Italian, some French, a bit of German, more and more Russian, Singaporean (sp?), Persian, El Salvadorian . . . oh, and lots of fast food.

OK Mark...explain what that means please? :wacko:

Pasties?

Don't y'all have strippers in Jolly Auld Whatever?

Guess it's not so jolly after all...

:laugh:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

OK Mark...explain what that means please? :wacko:

Pasties are the nipple covering on exotic dancers. Sometimes with tassles swinging 'round.

I guess you can still ask for ketchup with them. :wink:

Edited by elyse (log)